GNOME vs XFCE

With 4 GB I surely recommend XFCE, then 300-500MB is huge. But on my system it's a drop in the water which I don't notice. But I think the real problem is the modern browser these days that eat memory as a fat kid in a candyshop.

3 Likes

Agreed some of the gnome apps are life changers (in my it was gnome-boxes, gnome network displays, and many more ) but you can install them in any desktop environment other than gnome
I am not complaining about gnome D.E. I personally don't like it you guys can have different choices

It is just a secondary laptop

I use edge because of 2 things

1. It uses fewer resources compared to other browsers I have tried
  2. I want to let Microsoft know that I am using Linux not their damn windows
1 Like

None of my messages were directed to you directly...I just cleared some things out and provided some additional information. If you know me...I like clarifying things and correcting others by providing current information.

1 Like

Me too. But I don't use Edge anymore. LOL.

Gnome or XFCE. The best choice if you trying both and testing them. This is little joke like with you put on some social forum question. "This a woman could be my wife?" - so check which one Ubuntu fork Zorin is best for you. Pro,Lite od Education. Soon will be ARM.

Thinkpads: my w510 with four sticks and ssd happily runs gnome core all day long without running (too) hot! (only the brave dare to actually use a w510 on their lap).
While my t60 could never hope to run core but loves zorin lite xfce!
so, there it is then!

1 Like

I tried today KDE Connect on mint Cinnamon DE in Zorin xfce and it answear to me cannot support or not exist this DE.
So the software what working on Zorin some software could not working on another DE using a Zorin Linux.

That was something new for me. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks :grin:.

1 Like

After a month of continuous GNOME troubleshooting, Most Common Problem :joy: :-

Windows_Vs_Mac_Vs_Linux_10

7 Likes

New update in linux. Using a terminal to reinstall some software or drivers or something else. :slight_smile:

For me in xfce is simple repair if something not working.
Mostly using a terminal.
With Gnome where it comes was started was very unstable but tested some two weeks ago Fedora and Nobara also Fedora linux - and it was amazing responsible.
Many new distributions going forward with Gnome.
For me in XFCE the functions what i want and found are more better for users. In gnome maybe also but have something i must digging.
First time when I was on Zorin Pro with Gnome but my PC is old that why i changed to Zorin LIte xfce without Pro.
I also have new graphic card before radeon r9 390 but changed for nvidia lower gpu but working great.
For internet,music,videos and some games it just perfect.

Yeah. Overall Linux is best for office work and online suffering but still behind for heavy works live gaming, video editing, etc.
This is my opinion :wink:
Valiant

The next problem when i want using something in linux the standard software out from the box i still have some problems with sound example. Then my question is why exist something what not working. I gived always the chance linux but when i back and something not working then back to windows 7. So if pipewire don't working with Ubuntu or another things or discord in ubuntu not working correctly that is very difficult to recognize for me. I am really don't doing to much just simple things in linux Zorin.

About KDE vs Gnome.

Here next video.

Share your experience if you agreed with that.

:joy:

It's literally a new world for a debate topic :sweat_smile:
ValiantBoy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firefox is a sample of that one.

Opera is Chinese.
Brave I reading is better for privacy coming the same from Chromium base the same what a Chrome.
Vivaldi is very customization.

1 Like

Gnome-layout-switcher.
Propably used also in Zorin.
Desktop preview images adapted from the emulated Zorin Os tool.