Has anyone seen this before?

Could a connection issue cause 4 or 3 orange colored (all circles are different colored. It ranges from dark orange to lighter variants)concentric semicircles to appear on screen? :thinking:

@Jeslin whilst your picture is a good illustration, are you able to take a picture with a phone and post it here.
Also are you making a note of date/time these events occur?

1 Like

@zabadabadoo It only happened twice, 1st time it happened was like 1-2 weeks ago and second time it happened was yesterday. I tried to take a screenshot yesterday, but my reaction speed isn't that good :sweat_smile:. I did go and check the logs when you asked me, it looked like Greek to me.

Well Greek to you could be plain English to @Aravisian. Maybe post here a snippet of your logs at the offending event time for forensic analysis.

I can do that, but which one should I post. There are many of them like syslog, kern.log, etc.

If @Aravisian joins this thread, I think he would be better placed to suggest which log is best to investigate.

2 Likes

In your home directory, is there a file named .xsession-errors?

Or check /var/log/Xorg.log(s)

I think there is a big time zone difference between Jeslin and Aravisian so maybe a pause here:

For light relief, was it this that Jeslin has seen on his screen?

3 Likes

Nope, my wallpaper did not magically change and return back to normal again lol.

Ah, You are still around. So have a look and reply to @Aravisian post #26

None of them are present in the given locations. To make sure I ran a locate command and it gave me no result.

Yes, I am still around. It is 10 PM here, but I will be online till 12 AM. And I will be back at 4 AM.

1 Like

I think you may have an issue with your LCD display slowly failing. I would try running some display diagnostic software. try installing screentest an running it to see if you have an issue.

1 Like

Also maybe very gently press the bottom of your LCD screen and see if that provokes the issue.

Or see if anything is pressing against or flexing the screen at that point.

@andreak9173 So, I am running the screentest, how am I supposed to know if there is anything wrong?

Everything in the screentest looked fine to me.

Did it ever came back @Jeslin ? if not i don't think you have to worry about it :). Maybe it was a application that was running in the background ?

1 Like

Nope, no sign of it till now.

1 Like

Jeslin. Forgive me but here is a short English lesson for you.
"no sign of it till now" to me implies: not seen it until it happened again just now.
I presume you meant to say "no sign of it so far".

Hopefully that screen spot it was a sunset, not a sunrise, and has now dissapeared forever :smiley:

3 Likes

Tanks for the lessen, I make mistakes ofen. lol

Seriously, thanks man. :smiley:

3 Likes