Help me get wifi (8188CUS)

I am going to try. It’s a defective machine. Regardless of the os, the trackpad doesn’t work neither does the mouse that came with it.

You really should return it.
If the seller is Amazon, they are quite good at accepting such return.
If you got in the Amazon market place, you have to deal with the seller.

Just be aware. Almost always, seller will try to negotiate a discount and you keep the defective item - do not fall for it. Defective computer is a no computer. Insist on 100% refund + return shipping cost. You are entitled to it.

If the seller is not cooperative, you can contact Amazon. They have Amazon A-Z guarantee and intervene the case. Most of the seller will give you a refund by just mentioning that you will ask Amazon to intervene.

I am still fuming about this seller putting this 10 years old netbook as a new item. It is NOT earnest.

3 Likes

I only had it for like 3 days, kept all of the things on. Never took screen tape off or anything. Only thing is the os change and couldn’t put windows back on. But I had to try another os because using with windows was so frustrating. I mean they can just reinstall windows themselves. It’s free.

I got 3 of my family laptops at eBay.
Important thing is to select a reputable professional seller.

Such laptops are slightly more expensive then ones from non-professional. But they come with at lease 30 days guarantee and items are usually refurbished and cleaned for sales.

Im looking on eBay for those eee pc’s. I wonder if I could install Zorin lite on it? It’s an ASUS EEE PC 900 NETBOOK LAPTOP 4GB SSD 512MB RAM

I got one of those, it's just sitting there. It's very slow.

Nope.
You need at least 2GB or better yet 4GB RAM.
Those netbooks are so obsolete. Do not touch it.

3 Likes

HAHA 512MB RAM, can't even run anything at all. Lagging while editing text on a text editor

1 Like

Ah, here comes my little helper :innocent:
Yup, I used to have eeePC also. It was slow as a snail.

1 Like

The laptop is older than me, so I don't think I'm surprised. My grandma(maternal) bought it for my mother when she got maried.

1 Like

You could still use it without desktop installed.
But it is not for everyone.

I am using 1GB RAM old RasPi as a CUPS print server and it is quite fast without any desktop installed.

1 Like

Not having a desktop is still gonna be slow, you're barely going to be able to run a text editor. Surfing the web is not even going to work.

Waite, are you younger than 10 years?

1 Like

No im like 14, I remember seing that laptop when I was rly young like 4. I remembered I watched Mummy on it.

1 Like

You got me wrong.
I meant desktop such as GNOME of XFCE.
It is completely run from the command line in terminal. Then it is super fast!

1 Like

But it had such a cute name. All these laptops are so ugly and big. I don’t want or need a 13 inch screen. I wish Google didn’t discontinue updating those 10 inch flipbooks. But…. What would happen if I installed a Linux os on one of those? Like, I don’t need the touchscreen capabilities. Laptop makeover of my dreams: ASUS Chromebook Flip C100P 10.1" Quad Core 1.8GHz 4GB RAM 16GB SSD Touchscreen

Still can't surf the web lmao

Something tells me I am older than your mom :wink:

They're so obsolete and there's no demand for a thick laptop. Slim Ultrabooks are your best bet.

I don't know, she's about 45.