Help me get wifi (8188CUS)

I have 14 inch Acer Chrombook which can take Linux. If you chose carefully there are some Chromebooks which can be used as Linux machine. But trying to find 10 inch size screen - wait, I think my husband's Acer is 10 12 inch.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B076HTLG88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am demanding a chunky laptop :yum:

1 Like

Just get a good laptop for like a thousand USD. A Ryzen 5 with intergrated graphics is good enough. Maybe 8 to 16 GB of RAM.

For 1k Iā€™d just get another MacBook Air. I want cheap. At this point, I feel like computers should be free just like social media, email, etc because they help government, corporations, etc with their mass surveillance lol

2 Likes

I got that Acer Switch3 for less than 400 Euro.
It was just because keyboard layout was wrong - that was not a problem since my husband can do touch typing.

2 Likes

Very keen on the 10 inch number. Autism thing most likely.

NGL, a thousand dollar Mac Book is hella slow. I don't think Apple would sell anything that has that much value.

Acer is your good friend then.
Keep an eye on the Amazon Reconditioned item. I got a Sumsung mobile phone for about 40% off there.

Nobody is going to make one. To average users it doesn't look good, no thin bezels, no big screen, very slow, very heavy. It just doesn't appeal!

Fat shaming

1 Like

If you have all the money in the world, only descent 10 inch system is iPad + keyboard. I know it since most of my husband's colleagues are using it as a digital score reader.

Lmao, Im fat tho

@wifiplease just get a good laptop

Yes , thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been considering. Donā€™t like having to have three separates parts ā€” iPad, keyboard, and mouseā€”but I might have no other choice. And itā€™s not that expansive. It can still be quite less than 1k if donā€™t buy keyboard or mouse from Apple.

So is asus eee!

Mind you that we still have no way to install Linux on iPad.

NOOOOOO!!!! It's not good at this modern age. A tablet from apple is probably not even going to be that good because they lock **** everything!!! There operating is like made for babys!!

OMG APPLE IM NOT STUPID, PLS STOP THINKING I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE ONE. I CAN HACK MY PARENTS IF I WANT TO.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine. iOS is fine with me. Itā€™s windows thatā€™s the issue. And the cheap computers have windows.

wifiplease...

Your posts have had me in tears...

screw both operating systems, they suck anyway. I think I'd rather use WIndows then IOS

1 Like