Hey, has the minimised app issue been resolved yet?

I had made a thread on this forum around last year and I was wondering if the issue had been resolved. I haven't used zorin in a while so I was just wondering about this before I consider switching back. TIA.

Oh and for context, basically a couple tray icons weren't showing in the taskbar when they should have (hexchat, etc.). Installing libappindicator-dev was sort of a fix but still presented some issues of it's own.

This may be a problem of gnome, would you try the GNOME Extension "Tray Icons Reloaded"?

You can install the GNOME Shell Extension on your browser Chrome or Firefox. Then back to the extension site and turn it on.

Then, reboot your system and tray icons may appear.

I had a similar problem in Zorin OS Core 16.2 and solved in 2 steps. First, install gnome-shell-extension-appindicator via terminal (sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-appindicator). And, finally, install the extension AppIndicator and KStatusNotifierItem Support by 3v1n0 (AppIndicator and KStatusNotifierItem Support - GNOME Shell Extensions). Reference: how to use a tray icon. That's it. And if you also want minimize any program to the system tray, you can install the program called Kdocker (but it is still required doing the 2 steps mentioned before).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.