Hibernate does not restore windows back on reboot

I added the hibernation option, and it work fine too. But after coming back from hibernation, it doesnt restore back to the pervious stage at we hibernated it. So, what is causing this problem and what can fix this?

Did you at any time format your drive as BRTFS rather than EXT4 when you installed Zorin OS? BRTFS does not support system suspend.

1 Like

I have ext4

Have you added any parameters to grub in regards to this issue?
If Not...
Please run

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

or open Grub File using your preferred text editor elevated to Root.
After splash in "quiet splash" add the following parameter:
resume=/dev/mapper/vg1-swap
It will look like
"quiet splash resume=/dev/mapper/vg1-swap" when done.
If using Nano: Tap ctrl+x to exit, then the ykey to say yes, then tehenter` key to save current configuration.
If using Text editor - save the file.
In terminal run:

sudo update-grub

Reboot - then run some things, open some windows - hibernate and test.

I am having this line written, GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash resume=d8ed025a-c525-436c-8b5d-05d6f66493bc resume_offset=70221824"

1 Like

This should be your swap, then.

This is your device. Hmmm...
Output of

sudo blkid | grep swap

?

/dev/nvme0n1p3: LABEL="swap" UUID="d8ed025a-c525-436c-8b5d-05d6f66493bc" TYPE="swap" PARTLABEL="swap" PARTUUID="af8e1411-d6a5-4dc6-a491-e9fc7cdb5f25"

1 Like

Is Brtfs good enough to use for the Home partition in ZorinOS? I want to try it out. What do you think? :blush:

You are able to install Zorin OS on BRTFS.
However, be warned, if using HDD, BRTFS does fragment, unlike ext4.
BRTFS does not handle Encryption as smoothly as ext4.
BRTFS systems must be unmounted to do a file system check. This can be problematic if you need to repair filesystems as repairs require the file system be mounted.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the information :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.