Horribly disappointed with 17.1 Pro: Lag and fit-and-finish

I very much intended it to mean that your search was biased, so you'd get biased results. I don't hold a grudge against you, no worries

An interesting balanced article on Flatpak:

That creased me up :rofl: Don't you find typing with fingers crossed, especially with legs and toes also crossed a little difficult.
"Front Left", "Front Right" regularly echoes around my home after a Software Update.

1 Like

There is also some good resources here:

These may seem more negative, but they are intended for information on

1. The current state of Flatpak and how lots of apps are insecurely packaged with it
  2. Mitigating a lot of these issues as the end user to improve security

I am very, VERY glad that I've basically never had an audio-related issue ever again since switching to Pipewire + Pipewire-Pulse
Otherwise I would probably be in the same boat

I still prefer ALSA. Think I am going to give Devuan 5.0 a try as they have now removed all remnants of systemd on the KDE platform.

Only now? I've been using Void with Plasma for a while now :thinking:

No a while back. I found a webpage a while back which listed OS's with remnants of systemd even though they use SysV Init. I really wanted to give Venom Linux and Dragonfly BSD a try as both of them don't have SystemD, but Venom can't be updated and Dragonfly can't cope with wireless keyboard and mice. The only BSD I have had success with is Ghost BSD. Just wish I knew how to use Linux jailbreak on BSD. None of the literature is clear enough for a mere mortal like me to understand.

Latest: Top distros covered | systemd-free linux community

Out of curiosity, what are the specs of your computer? The lag sounds like a driver issue to me. Either video, Wi-Fi or hard drive. I did an update a couple of days ago and the kernel was upgraded.

openSUSE ran fine, but I had to remove Void Linux, even the latest kernel on Openbox performed horribly.

I re-installed Zorin OS 17.1 and am currently running X11 and dealing with the occasional stutter.

Out of curiosity, what does terminal output of

mutter --version

relay? I have been sifting through the mutter bug reports and have come across interesting things in regards to Mutter43 and stuttering and lag.