How to add sound effect to Screenshot

I think this has to do with the app calling on the sound, not the sound settings themselves.
I am on Zorin OS 16 Lite at the moment and I have not yet installed Cinnamon desktop.
But I might later, then explore the cinnamon desktop settings and see if there is a switch that enables System sounds or not.

1 Like

Thanks .... like I said above it doesn't work on FXCE either .... I tried it this morning ..... weird I know ..... how it doesn't work on any other desktop ..... no rush take your time as I am working on something else .... my Nomacs Image Lounge installed by Flathub decided to bite the bullet for some reason maybe because I was doing a little customizing on XFCE this morning so I reinstalled it using Synaptic and it works now so I'm playing around with setting it back up .... so no rush ..... LOL

Edited title for clarfication.

1 Like

It looks like too many people complained about the screenshot sound, so the developers set it to "off" by default.
You can try enabling all sounds:

gsettings get org.cinnamon.desktop.sound event-sounds true

3 Likes

My husband love those sound effects.
I suspect it is because he is a former Mac user.
There sure are much more sound effects in Mac than Windows.

1 Like

FYI. Re: Alsamixer. If you move to a channel that shows [MM] that means it is Muted.
You can unmute it by typing M when the channel is selected.

2 Likes

Thanks Aravisian ...... interesting ..... if some people complain about something don't try and solve the problem like maybe add an on & off sound button .... just fix the solution to default off .... :roll_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes some sounds are good but I have all other sounds disabled as I don't like start up .... close .... or any other sounds but I kinda liked the shutter click for some strange reason ... oh well .... if I want to hear it I'll just open Gnome and take a few snapshots .... LOL ...

1 Like

Funny, how our preferences are so different.
I love opening sound but not my husband. Meanwhile my husband loves the sound effect of placing files into a recycle bin, which I cannot take.

1 Like

These are good points. A settings app that sets the sounds per the apps that use them... Perhaps one needs to be developed.

Someone else anyway... If I create it... bunch of you would say it looks like Windows 3.1.
(Grumble)

1 Like

I sometimes use a headset, so by default I have muted all system sounds.
Sometimes I listening to loud music those sound would really wake me up.

BTW Frog, I have been trying to use it on XFCE/Lite (with my system sound all set to max) but still no sound, perhaps because of what Aravisian wrote.

But before that I have been looking through the net to find a solution. Found this, you can run it form the terminal, it produces the sound, and even let u take a screen shot, if you have the screenshot app installed of course.

gnome-screenshot -f $HOME/Pictures/"$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)".png & paplay /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/screen-capture.oga
2 Likes

Was there much sound with it?
I think those office computers did not have any sound card - so I heard nothing.

1 Like

I don't remember. I was alive but computers were far from my mind at that time...

2 Likes

That makes me wonder how many of us here actually used Windows 3.1.

2 Likes

Well I just have one thing to say about that .... those that can ... do ..... and those that can not do ..... don't complain ..... who cares what it looks like as long as it works .... you will only see it when you open it to use it ....

Not like it's going to be sitting on your desktop in plain site every day like a pimple on a fat boys nose .... :grin:

Or a Frog Face.

2 Likes

Well, the notification apps does show how the same.

1 Like

Hummmm .... I thought we created warts not pimples .... LOL

1 Like

In the Cinnamon Desktop?

1 Like

Don't forget the XFCE desktop it doesn't work there either ... only on Gnome does it work .... defy's neither rhyme nor reason ...