How to change mouse cursor color

I really like that windows styled white cursor but I like Zorin OS too much I am using it from a month so just for cursor color I am not installing windows so can anyone tell me how can I change my cursor to white?

You can select a different cursor theme using gnome-tweaks:

sudo apt install gnome-tweaks

Navigate to the Mouse Option on the Left Pane.

You can download X11 Cursor themes from deviantart or from gnome-look.org (Pling).
Cursors - Gnome-look.org

There is a lot of variety and I have, I think, about twenty cursor themes installed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

what to do after downloading?

There is no option

1 Like

Extract the file that you downloaded and place it in ~/.icons.
If you do not have a .icons directory in your Home Folder, just right click an open area, select new folder and name it .icons
Folders with the (.) in front are considered hidden fodlers and you can reveal or hide them by using the keyboard shortcut ctrl+h.

2 Likes

go to the appearance section in the left pane

2 Likes

Yes I found the option now but I want to change it's color I don't want to change cursor.

Thanks. I do not use Gnome, so I do not use Gnome-tweaks. I was about to call on @StarTreker for help. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You must change the cursor since the cursor appearance is governed by the Image Files that make it.

You could alter the color of a cursor theme by using GIMP to change each image individually... It's a bit tedious, but can inspire a person to begin making their own cursor themes.
It's what started me, anyway...

2 Likes

ok that's kinda hard so I will go with this just tell me how to install it please

3 Likes

This post by @Aravisian will help you.

3 Likes

I moved the folder now how to activate theme?

1 Like

from the apprarance section in tweaks! :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you so much,
One last thing that now I can uninstall that tweaks app or not as I don't like bloat in my PC.

You can uninstall it but I think it will also undo the changes that you made.

Not sure, but I would consider it an essential app. It will be needed again; and it does not take up much space.

1 Like

OK then I am happy with default theme as I don't want that bloat I removed all things.

Tweaks does much more than change themes (Zorin Appearance can manage the System Themes for you). It can manage application extensions and other things. But if you need it again, you can just install it again when needed. Just remember sudo apt install gnome-tweaks and it will be there when you need it.

3 Likes

one suggestion for zorinos that they should add all the tweaks features in settings or zorin appearance so that user's don't have to go somewhere else.

4 Likes

Sorry I was gone, I was helping out a family member with a computer issue, and that took some time to solve. And just as it sometimes is with Linux, the resolution is not 100% solved, but good enough for them to continue on doing what they were doing.

I use the Azenis mouse cursor theme on my POP OS, I installed it like Aravisian said, and selected it via Gnome-Tweaks. Always keep that software handy at the ready, you never know when you are going to need it again.

I've actually been thinking about changing the default mouse cursor theme on my Zorin installation as well. I am just using a larger default black one that is provided, but I rather have something that is more me, you know stellar like.

So, maybe that is the next project I should do for my Zorin machine. I don't think I want to go with Azenis again, something different this time. I've seen the KDE mouse cursors before on a posting from SWARF, maybe I will go with that IDK.

3 Likes