How to change the high-lite background color

This is odd. I am running all the same themes as you are and I installed Vivaldi to test and it is working fine...

Open Software & Updates and remove the Bad Repository for mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu
and run

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

The system will not run the upgrades until your Sources.list is clean.

If you ever see a Bad Repo in your update- always go in and remove it.
If you want, the good repo for Conky Manager is:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tomtomtom/conky-manager

mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ Software & Updates
[1] 8795
Updates: command not found
Software: command not found
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

What?
No, Frog!

You comment out the css with tags: /* this opens and this> closes*/
It would look like this:

/*.view:hover, iconview:hover, .view:hover:focus, iconview:hover:focus, .view text:hover, iconview text:hover, textview text:hover, iconview text:hover:focus, textview text:hover:focus, flowbox flowboxchild:hover, row:hover, .view:selected, iconview:selected, .view:selected:focus, iconview:selected:focus, .view text:selected, iconview text:selected, textview text:selected, iconview text:selected:focus, textview text:selected:focus, .view text selection:focus, iconview text selection:focus, .view text selection, iconview text selection, textview text selection:focus, textview text selection, flowbox flowboxchild:selected, entry selection, entry selection:focus, row:selected {
     background-color: rgba(0, 170, 255, 0.5);
}*/

If launching from terminal...

software-properties-gtk

Then navigate to the "other software" tab.

OK just updated and upgraded .... so going to check out the problem with the copy feature .....

It worked I now have a nice blue back ground when I copy something on the board ....

Thank you sir .... I hope I didn't cause you to much anguish .... I absolutely know nothing about the inner workings of coding or the terminal and I have to learn as I go along .... not making excuses just the way it is ....

2 Likes

No one is born with the knowledge they need. We have to learn it along the way, usually the hard way...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.