How to change the installer's default screen resolution?

My monitor does not support whatever Zorin's installation is using and it will put a "The current input timing is not supported" in my monitor, I am currently transferring from Windows 10 to Zorin and I'm trying to download it using my usb but it shows that when I try booting up the installer (Also I do not have a second monitor to use for the installer). So I thought maybe there is a way to change Zorin Installation's default resolution when booting up. If there is a way please respond! :smiley:

What is the make and Model of your computer?
There are a few things we can try.

I realize that you don't have another monitor, but if it were me, I would try to aquire one. Even if its only used from the local thrift store, like a good will for example, I would. Zorin supports 1080P for absolute certain. So if find a monitor that supports that resolution, you should be good to go!

When you say booting up, are you past the POST and getting to GRUB menu? If you can get to GRUB menu, try selecting Safe Graphics.

It's always handy to have a cheap monitor on hand, isn't it?

Yes it is. :+1:

1 Like

But may I ask how good it is for transferring from Windows to Zorin? Because if it improves performance by a ton then I would consider buying another monitor because my pc is bad and I heard linux is good for bad pc

You may consider Zorin OS Lite strongly.
Yes, if you are having bad performance on your machine, Zorin OS would help you revive that old machine.
Have you tested Zorin 15.3 Lite?

I agree with Aravisian, I can tell you without a doubt, that Zorin OS will revive your old machine, you know how I know? Read my thread bellow...

Now, just to put things in perspective, that computer is probably older then yours! Were talking about a Pentium P6200 Intel CPU 2.1GHZ dual core, with only 8GB of RAM, and an integrated Intel HD GPU.

Think about it, if Gnome, which is in CORE and PRO can speed up an old computer like that, well guess what, LITE with XFCE would have sped it up even more! So yes, recommendation is LITE as well.

Lets go! Was able to install Zorin OS, was able to fix is it by using the "safe graphics" options. Not sure what it does but using it was able to make it work! Silly me xD. However I have some small lagging issues, does anyone know how to improve Zorin's performance even if it is already fast? (I am using lite version btw)

You might check out preload, if it is not already installed. And monitoring running processes to see if there is anything running that you can do without.

I am a noob at Linux, but what does preload do and how do I install it?

6 posts were split to a new topic: Games lag on Zorin OS

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 262