How to get a new workspace in zorin os 15.3

Hello,
I need help to get a new workspace in zorin os 15.3. I have tried the ctrl+alt+(side) arrow key combination but even if I get a workspace it has the applications that I had opened in my first one. What I want is like how you get in windows 10, a new workspace should look like a new desktop, which will be independent from the first one and apps should not come in other workspaces.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know how to get workspaces but all the workspaces have the same apps, which are open in other workspaces. I want a workspace to be completely independent from one another. LIke if you open a new workspace you should get a completely new desktop. I used to get something like that in windows. Don’t know why this is not like that :grinning:

Thanks for that. Even though I am not getting the workspace that I used to get like in windows, I still like it :grinning:

I’ve not done much experimenting in Workspaces but there are a number of shortcuts and I was able to move the current window to a different workspace using Shift+Super+PageUp or PageDown.

Move to Workspace x is disabled by default but move up and down work out of the box. Though you can move to different workspaces using Super+PageUp or PageDown.

I’ve just noticed that there’s an extension in Tweaks called “Auto Move Windows” that allows you to “Move applications to specific workspaces when they create windows”.

Hope that helps?

Umm, I am using the lite version so gnome extensions don’t work :slight_smile: