How to get apps/games working comments and issues

I used all your tutorial. It help ofcourse. Omg you played many games - lol.
My type games need a flash player what is more difficult because not more support with any webbrowser also steam,gog,epic and etc.

https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

priviet vsem.

1 Like

I understand what he talking.:smiley:

1 Like

Well good for you as I understood none of it due to my lack of knowledge with the language....

1 Like

For me a diffrent a couple language. That why for me sometimes difficult a words. What word in one language is good another language is bad.

@Bourne you do well..I at this time only English, Deutsch (Germany) and Espanol (Spanish) on a limited basis. I enjoy learning Hebrew very muchand hope to learn. I understood Russian this via translation priviet vsem. :upside_down_face:

Privet
or
привет

The interesting side of my ill-fated adventures in "Vikings: Clash of clans."
And before you ask, yes, I was big and no I do not play it anymore and never will again.

2 Likes

Thank you for a tip, but... at least at the moment I was not able to get it properly installed...

Perhaps the problem was, that in my PC other versions of Proton were not in that directory that your guide mentions, instead I found Proton versions in folder:
~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common

Then I was not sure how to "install" it manually (simply copying extracted folder to steamapps/common had the same final result as using "protonup"), so I found some commands from the internet, I did following commands:

sudo apt install python3-pip
pip3 install protonup
protonup -d "~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common"

As a result, I do have folder:
~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Proton-6.21-GE-1

But even after several restarts of Steam, it does not seem to recognize its existence. I thought I was "clever" and switched between Proton versions and restarting Steam... But even after doing that about 5 times or so... Proton-6.21-GE-1 is still not in the selection list...

I will probably try to do something again tommorrow...

That is because you placed it in the wrong folder. I made a great tutorial for newcomers on how to get games to work.

From my tutorial post 2

Place the proton folder in ./.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/Proton-6.21-GE-1

1 Like

Yes, I followed your guide, but was not able to find a folder named compatibilitytools.d anywhere. But now I created the folder and installed it using commands:
protonup -d ".local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/"
protonup
and now I have folder:
~/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/Proton-6.21-GE-2
and there are files in the folder... but no, Proton-6.21-GE-2 does not appear in the Proton version selection part in the Steam (neither under general settings, nor under GTA Properties) even after restart.

LOL! create that folder

Aaaah i think i know what the issue is, your using steam flatpak. Download the .deb file from steam and uninstall the current version.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.