How to Install Zorin OS 16 Core alongside Fedora 34

Hi guys, I have decided to install Zorin OS alongside Fedora 34. I am not getting the option to do so. Any help is appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Are you still running on a Pendrive?

2 Likes

@Aravisian ???

1 Like

Am I thinking of a different person? What is Fedora installed on? Your standard Hard Drive?

1 Like

Yes sir :smiley:

1 Like

In the installer, does your partition with Fedora show up in gparted using the "Something Else" option?

2 Likes

Yes it does. But it does not take the name, it only says Partition 1 (ext4), its name is fedora-localhost live. I think because the name (fedora-localhost live), it is not able to recognise it.

1 Like

The surprising thing is that, when I had cutefish os, it immediately showed up 'Install alongside Fedora'. Even though the name was the same as it is now.

1 Like

It may be due to which installer is used. At least the partition is showing up. You have a partition with free space already for Zorin OS? Or do you need to make one?
If you need to make one, you should be able to shrink your Fedora partition by right clicking it in gparted and selecting "move". It will give slider which you can adjust to size the partition.
The remaining free space that you want to use for Zorin OS can then be formatted.
Be sure to click apply if using Gparted within the O.S. If using gparted from "something else" withing the installer, you need only click continue.

1 Like

so is it not necessary to allot / to the partition I am making for zorin?

1 Like

I do not understand the question given how it is worded.

The Mount Point would be /

1 Like

What I am trying to say is that, I need to create a partition using Zorin OS Installer, right? So at that time, while making the partition, there comes options like /home, /usr, etc. At that time, what should I select from these options (/usr or /home or / only)?

1 Like

You can create the partition whenever you want. Using the installer does allow you to make one on the spot.
Whether you create multiple partitions, such as /home, /var, /boot is entirely based on user preference.

I just do / and keep it all together. It's easier for me.

2 Likes

And the installer shows the partition name as /dev/sda/3 only, whereas in gnome-disks, it shows fedora-localhost live.

1 Like

Yes, so when I create a partition for Zorin, I need to use only / in the options, right?

1 Like

A bit annoying, but not a big deal. As long as it sees the partition, you are fine.

yes.

2 Likes

It does see the partition, but because it is not able to recognise the name, hence there is no option of installing it alongside fedora

1 Like

I understand. But you can see the partition and install to the Available freed partition in "Something Else," right?

1 Like

I can, but it warns me that there is no separate partition of ext4 or something.
Seems that I need to see that message again.

1 Like

Yes, if there is an error, need to know the exact error.

2 Likes