[DEFUNCT] Perform do-release-upgrade / Direct Upgrade on Zorin OS

If I remember right they said the same thing last year…

1 Like

Hi,
I will wait until the 31st of December and then update by formatting.

If you format try pop os, that one does have a upgrade feature and have gpu drivers for nvidia bloody fast. Even kernel updates are tested and updated within a few weeks.

Thank you for your advice. If I have to change distro, I will go back to ubuntu mate or debian.

As far as i know ubuntu does not have a upgrade feature either. For debian i am not sure…

All official flavours of ubuntu (I tried x-k-l-mate) have it via sudo do-release-upgrade, at least since the 10.04 version I used.

Yeah via command line i know, i thought you where looking for the gui (like pop os has in settings)

I am sorry if I was not precise. All official flavours of ubuntu (I tried x-k-l-mate) have both GUI and command line upgrade, at least since the 10.04 version I used.

1 Like

Earlier this year I had to upgrade my wife's Pc from MX-Linux 19 to 21.1 following a guide on their forum, it did state that you are always better doing a fresh install. Even rolling updates might hit a glitch. I followed the script and had no errors but I could have been lucky.