I accidentally deleted my system in zorin os lite

Maybe

Ok, please make a new one, just as you did the first time you installed Zorin OS.
Boot from the USB and select "Try or install Zorin"
Tap alt+F2 to open the launcher
Enter in

gparted

Remove your 13 gig partition by selecting it, then clicking the (-) button. That 13 gig partition will now show as Free Space. Click that free space. Now click the (+) button.
Choose to format as ext4
Click apply

Once done, run the installer and when you see the option to "Wipe the drive and install Zorin", choose that.

Run the installer by double clicking it from the desktop.

Ok will try it. Thank you!

1 Like

I found the problem. I replaced my linux directory. How to fix it?

Do you mean Root?

No no, I mean the main problem is I replaced my directory...

If you have your Personal Data backed up; I still would recommend reinstalling Zorin OS.

Ok, but I lost my flashdisk. Can I reinstall without disk?

You can install either with USB Flash or with a DVD if you have blank DVD's and a DVD reader for the computer.
You need a medium from which to boot the computer in order to install to the Hard Drive with the drive Unmounted.

If you do not have a flashdisk, you could borrow or buy one...

ok thank you

I don't know the password

That looks like a BIOS password, to me.

Yes that bios password

How to boot in flashdisk

If you do not have the BIOS Password, you may have some luck in removing the CMOS battery and with the battery out and the notebook Not Connected to Any Power Supply, holding the power button down for a while to discharge any capactiors.
Then put the battery back in and connect to power supply, try powering up and accessing BIOS.

How to boot from flashdisk?

It depends on the Computer Maker - it is usually by tapping F2 when you see the motherboard. This should show the Boot Menu.

The other method is to enter BIOS / EFI settings at boot and set the Boot Order.

Im in BIOS, what I must do?

How to get the medium?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.