I'm bored. Please suggest me something to research/play

Other than playing Stardew and doing research, I'm literally bored. Can someone please suggest me something to research or to play (preferably something related to Linux/requires 1GB of VRAM or less)?

2 Likes

Do you know how Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies work?
Check out the YouTube animation videos, To understand the basic mechanism introduced by Satoshi Nakamoto (founder of Bitcoin) and found out what's great about this new type of investment.

6 Likes

I don't want to use cryptocurrency, so no. NFTs I absolutely hate. Both of these are terrible for the environment.

2 Likes

I am not suggesting you to invest or use something there. For me researching about how the creator of BTC used the blockchain technology to run a entire bank without someone at the top maintaining records was just amazing :heavy_heart_exclamation: He created a system where nothing can be hacked or manipulated by a single person like our governments do!

Also, I hate NFT's too :joy:
I definitely do not like the idea of paying for something worthless :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah I know. I'm just saying that I would rather not use cryptocurrency. "Blockchain" I'm pretty sure is hard to explain to someone who is new to this whole thing.

1 Like

A Block is a quantity containing records (transactions made by people) arranged in a particular order such that each block contains its own hash (its address) and the previous block's hash including the record forming a chain of blocks arranged in a particular order and is distributed to all people who joined the network.

If someone wan't to hack the network he need's to change the chain for more than fifty percent of the people holding the blockchain records which could take centuries of human effort. For a normal hacker hacking the central server is enough to get rich, But this tech took security of money to a whole new level :joy:

It is not that difficult to explain something, when you fall in love with that something :joy:

5 Likes

Any more suggestions not relating to cryptocurrency?

Here be some games for your Specs :-

GTA san Andreas

GTA IV

Max Payne 1

Max Payne 2

Max Payne 3

Call of duty 1

Call of duty 2

Call of duty World at War

Call of duty Modern warfare 1

Call of duty Modern warfare 2

Call of duty Modern warfare 3

Call of duty Black Ops 1

Call of duty Black Ops 2

Battle Field Bad company 2

Battle Field 3

Battle Field 4 (lags on high settings..try lowering them)

Alien : Isolation

Dead Pool

Assassin’s Creed 1

Assassin’s creed 2

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

Assassin’s Creed Revelations

Assassin’s Creed Liberation

Assassin’s Creed 3

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag {LAG PROBLEM-BUT PLAYABLE}

Assassin’s creed Freedom cry

Assassin’s Creed Rogue

Mafia 1

Mafia 2

5 Likes

The amazing spider-man 1

Need For Speed Underground 1

Need For Speed Underground 2

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 1

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012

Need For Speed The Run

Need For Speed Carbon

Need For speed Rivals (lags a lot)

Vietcong 2

The Hell In Vietnam

Evil Dead: Regeneration

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham city

Batman Arkham Origins

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2013 (Lags a lot )

Lara Croft Underworld

6 Likes

Transformers

Transformers: The War Of Cybertron

Outlast 1

Dark Souls 1 ( lag is only a part of the game)

Dark Souls 2

American Truck Simulator

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Alan Wake

Hit-man Blood money

Hit-man Absolution

5 Likes

I Have more Games if you want :joy:

5 Likes

That is a lot of games. Well, I like Assassins Creed alright, I have four and Valhalla.

2 Likes

Try Rogue, I really Got addicted to it. Srsly :joy:

5 Likes

If you want to try a game that requires a lot of thinking and puzzle solving here is one for you:

http://www.akril15.com/games/awttg/awttg.html

It is pretty different from most of the games I have played.

An Assassin Fighting for the English together in Assassin's Creed Rogue was quiet Interesting.

@ghostminator Never thought so many of these many games were compatible with my PC with 4 GB ram and 1 GB Virtual Ram. So, Excited :crazy_face:

Just played Rouge and it it really lags, even in the menu. However, if I reduce the resolution to 720p (my display supports 1080p), it run fine with some slowdowns. (Played on UHD Graphics, Low-Medium settings, Vsync enabled).

Does anyone else want to suggest me something to research/play?

I have been enjoying Astroneer during my down time...

Is that another space exploration game? It looks like it.