Image backup apps not recognizing newly formatted flash drive

Hi (again). I decided that Zorin is definitely the OS for me and I am finding my way round relatively well but I am struggling with this one !!.
I bought a 500GB usb flash drive so as to maintain an image backup. I have managed to format the drive from the terminal as I found that Timeshift could not write to drives that did not have a Linux formatted partition.
Having made a large (500GB) primary partition I find that Timeshift does not recognize the partition and also the native Zorin disk manager image backup also does not recognize the partition. Disk manager however shows the flash drive having a 500GB Linux partition ??.

I'm baffled again !! :confused:

Click the gears icon below the blue bar and choose your format option. You should be good to go after that.

I would use gparted rather than disks. After installation gparted gets removed. Open a terminal and enter:

sudo apt-get install gparted

Then

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then reboot, launch gparted and delete what you have created, then create a logical partition formatted to Ext4 on your USB.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I managed to sort the problem with the fix suggested by Marcsitkin but will take a curious look at gparted anyway as who knows, in the future, maybe :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi. Thanks; this was a thumbs up moment and a simple fix which was staring me in the face but I couldn't see :roll_eyes:

No problem, forgot about the cogs myself. I tend to use disks just to power off external derives before disconnecting safely.