Installation and Distro recommendations

Try local stores? Maybe it's the shipping price. In Malaysia, we have many local online shopping sites, so the shipping fee is non-existence.

I am living in a place where local stores are more than 5 Kilometres away. not only that, but i got shocked when i saw the price of 128gb ram, its 4 times the cost of 64gb ram.

1 Like

Not Gonna Lie, I'd rather pay the fuel money than go pay an excessive amount for some ram.

2 Likes

I have never actually tried it. I have tried VirtualBox and it was like pulling teeth.
Based on your recommendation, I am going to test out GnomeBoxes... But I may end up picking your brain a lot. Be warned.

Better then picking your ear wax and eating it. I sware that Dumbledore has got some strange issues, as Harry Potter discovered, when he came in the medical wing, and stole Harry's candy, what a BEEEP!

what?

:expressionless:

1 Like

I only had problems with mint 17 in the past. Alot of screen freezing and if you asked about it they always blamed the nvidia card, people with amd had the same issues back then and they said in the forum buy a better gpu.

Support is by far terrible in the mint forum, on the zorin os forum they are friendly and fast replying.

Thats right, cause we like to help people. I like to help people and make them smile. Always trying to do my part, to make this world a better place. Sometimes I too will fall and need to be picked back up. But in the words of the Mandalorian....THIS IS THE WAY! :heart:

I don't know what is going on with the folks over at Linux Mint forums, I've never been there. But from your description, it sounds like they have lost site of what is important in life. Helping other's should always be a common goal.

Provide support, pick each other up, be there for each other, and help us fix our bleeping computers! lol

I have experienced it as well. Mint bogs down with use and whenever I asked about it on their forum - or others asked - they always dodged it. That, however, is the Forum, not the Developers.

That sounds a lot like what was going on when I tried both Feren OS and Makulu Lindoz. But the reason that was happening, was due to a memory leak. Both developers would not admit the fault, and chose to never fix it.

That was the main reason I left both of those distro's and came back to Zorin OS. I can't be running an OS that has memory leak issues. You can have all the RAM in the world, (128GB+) it won't mean a thing if a memory leak eats it all up till the point you crash like a 90's computer.

Ear Wax taste bitter btw

In my opinion, Gnome Boxes is just easier to use, and it's preinstalled, so I just tried it.

Guys I have a small problem. In my boot manager, I have manjaro written there. I have deleted the manjaro partition, but did not delete the GRUB. How to delete it. I have Fedora currently installed, so is there any possible way to delete GRUB of manjaro from Fedora itself and remove manjaro's name from my boot manager? Or if it cannot be done from Fedora then can I do it from GRUB Rescue mode and how to do it?

You can remove any old kernels and clean your system. This can be done with a GUI tool like Ubuntu Cleaner

sudo apt install ubuntu-cleaner

Or Synaptic or Bleachbit...

Or you can check your kernels

uname -r

And remove any old kernels you are not using. Then run sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove

Either way- after giving your system a good cleaning, run

sudo update-grub

That should clear out the Manjaro entry from bootloader.

Hi @Aravisian, let me tell you the full story. Yesterday I installed CuteFish OS (based on Manjaro), and selected the option 'Install alongside Fedora'. So I selected it and it installed successfully without any conflict to Fedora. But CuteFish was laggy on my PC, so I decided to remove it completely. I logged on to Fedora and deleted the CuteFish partition and extended my main partition of Fedora over it. Now after rebooting, I saw Manjaro written on my bootloader, not my GRUB. When I clicked Manjaro, it's GRUB said that there was no such partition and the grub rescue opened.

Long story short, I want to remove Manjaro from my system bootloader (not GRUB) as Fedora is not using any GRUB. Any way to do this.

There should be a setting in your BIOS to remove it.

There isn't that's why. Like I had once installed Ubuntu just like this alongside Zorin OS, and when I removed the Ubuntu Partition, it was written on my bootloader, but got away in a day. Not sure about this tho.

1 Like

" as Fedora is not using any GRUB" I missed this line.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.