Installing desktop environment from terminal?

Somehow, I managed to remove Zorin's desktop environment (I would guess I purged one package too many when uninstalling nVidia/nouveau drivers); now, when it boots, I only get the text console, no matter which ALT+Fn combination I choose (F1-F5 or F7). Normally, Alt+F1 was the graphical environment.
I still see Zorin-Desktop-Themes and -Sessions installed.
Which package(s) should I install to get Gnome back?

1 Like

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop This will reinstall the zorin desktop for core (gnome). If you're in xfce (lite) you will need to use zorin-os-lite-desktop.

There is a search function for the forum. It will assist you in finding these commands and more here on the forum. We recommend you use this functionality prior to posting topics so there are not duplicate topics within the forum. Please take the time to read Introduction to General Help - Please Review before posting

I will try that command, thanks.

And I did do a search before posting, searching for "install desktop" and "reinstall desktop" but did not find anything relevant, with the most relevant being how to install a desktop environment from Synaptic, which, however, is not applicable for me as I do not even have Synaptic.
Do you have a particular thread in mind where this was answered? I would like to see what I should have searched for.

I also have problem when my apperance dissapeard and so on when i used a command sudo autoremove gnome*
after used that command everything comes on place.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.