Installing windows app on Zorin

On Zorin 12 I installed a small app called cutlist400 to assist me in board design layouts. Since upgrading to Zorin 16 there is no way I can get this running.
Please advise.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
I changed the category of this thread since you were asking for help, not just giving a feed back. I hope other volunteers pitch in soon to help you. I do not have any Windows software on Zorin myself.

To run a Windows .exe on Linux you would need to use a program like wine which is in the repository. People are most interested in running games on Linux and use wine, play on Linux, or Steam. I would check WineHQ for your program in their tested apps list. The apps are given a rating, gold, silver,or bronze depending on how they run.

Some programs work well in this software and others do not.I dual boot with windows so can't help with setup or use of wine.

2 Likes

I have completely converted and no longer run Windows software on Linux, unless the software you consider is games, well of course I play games.

But once I realized that Linux came with many great Windows APP equivalents, I no longer felt the need to install Windows apps that won't even work.

Perfect example, even if you have Wine installed, If you try to install and run Adobe Photoshop, that aint gonna work. So, not all software will work in Wine, some will though.

Question I have, is if the OP has searched for any Linux equivalents to do what they wish to do?

2 Likes

Completely unrelated, but your icon set rocks :star_struck:

2 Likes

You darn tootin it rocks, it rocks so hard, it literally carves etches into the Balena etcher, leaving it a rubble of dust, dominated by sexy delicious icons that everybody should have.

Now, where do we order those icons? Welcome to Gnome-Look, how may we take your order?

Hmm, I'd like to get the number 4, black blueberry pie, and I'll take a side order of Zarev neon berry shake, and whats your special on today?

Well, we have a discount on Breeze mouse curser fries. No thanks, you can keep the breeze fries. But, i'll take the cinnamon sticks with extra XFCE sugar if you got em.

OK, what will that cost me? 1000 dollars and 52 cents. Jeez, what is going on with this inflation?

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Could you tell me where I could download this icon set?

2 Likes

I think I will install this icon set on my second desktop.
Thanks for the tips :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I find a good way to start off my day, is with a glass of water, then I begin doing OCS Curls with 20-pound dumbells. Gotta work them muscles!

2 Likes

Yup. Master Distractor strikes again!

@pieterm You should be able to find Windows Application Support in Zorin Software Store. It is a bit more than just WINE. With that you should be able to run your .exe

3 Likes

It was another synergy between @StarTreker and myself.
He was the one started to talk about Gnome-Look candy shop.

2 Likes

WINE gums anyone?

3 Likes

I hate you - but I like it :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for helping. New to the forum stuff.

2 Likes

I downloaded cutlist as a .zip file, but could not extract it. Got the message:"inconsistent uncompressed size 248064 in central directory, 2458624 in local header"/ Options: Cancel / Skip.
It seems there is something wrong with the download as offered. Do you still have the download you used previously that worked? Or are you having trouble with the same old version?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.