Installing wine fails Zorin OS 16

Hi im having an issue with wine I tried to install via the Terminal or the Software store but it gave me the same error :
Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
zorin-windows-app-support : Hängt ab von: winehq-stable soll aber nicht installiert werden oder
wine
Hängt ab von: playonlinux soll aber nicht installiert werden
Hängt ab von: python2 ist aber nicht installierbar
Empfiehlt: wine-stable-amd64 soll aber nicht installiert werden oder
wine64
Empfiehlt: wine-stable-i386:i386 oder
wine32:i386
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.
My bad I know, my zorin os 16.1 pro is german. For any help im thankful.

Can you please ensure that in Software & Updates you are set to Download From: Main server?

1 Like

The thing is I cant see it in Software & Updates, I just set the server in synaptic to the main server

Synaptic works just as good. :slight_smile:
Can you try:

sudo apt install lib32z1

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Completely purge and remove Wine with sudo apt remove --purge zorin-windows-app-support. Including anything in ~/.local/share or ~/.wine by selecting and deleting those folders with mouse right click.

Try installing wine:

sudo apt install zorin-windows-app-support

1 Like

Hi so lib32z1 worked so did the i386 architecture but I couldnt find the wine folder to delete stuff and I cant something in /.local/share

yes I made my Zorin OS english hope it makes it easier for you I guess.

This is what happened when I tried it.

gabe@gabe-HP-Notebook:~$ sudo apt remove --purge zorin-windows-app-support
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'zorin-windows-app-support' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
gabe@gabe-HP-Notebook:~$ sudo apt install zorin-windows-app-support
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
zorin-windows-app-support : Depends: winehq-stable but it is not going to be installed or
wine
Depends: playonlinux but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: wine-stable-amd64 but it is not going to be installed or
wine64
Recommends: wine-stable-i386:i386 or
wine32:i386
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Let's try installing directly from WineHQ:

sudo apt --fix-broken install

sudo mkdir -pm755 /etc/apt/keyrings

sudo wget -O /etc/apt/keyrings/winehq-archive.key https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key
sudo wget -NP /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/dists/focal/winehq-focal.sources

sudo apt update && sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable

1 Like

so those are the errors I get after I try sudo apt update && sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable:

E: The repository 'Index of /wine-builds/debian focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: The repository 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine:/Debian/Debian_9.0 ./ Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-de) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons-hidpi (main/dep11/icons-64x64@2.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-de) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons-hidpi (main/dep11/icons-64x64@2.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:58 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq-focal.sources:1

You seem to have added multiple repositories for Wine.
Can you remove all Wine Repositories using Software & Updates > Other Software tab, then re-apply the steps from this post.

Still doesnt work its the problem about wine stable 7.0.0 and I cant delete it

What do you mean by "I can't delete it"?

Well those files with Wine hq stable 7.0.0

If I am reading your screenshot correctly, Synaptic says those packages are not installed.
Can you run

wine --version

In terminal?

result : Command 'wine' not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install wine # version 5.0-3ubuntu1, or
sudo apt install wine-development # version 5.5-3ubuntu1

Interesting... it demands Wine 5... Anyway, yes. That confirms wine is not installed - so you cannot delete what is not there.

yeah when I try to install it there is the same error like in the beginning

1 Like

Can you please

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

Let's see if anything is out of place there...

Everything looks good.
Can you please open Software & Updates and make sure in the first tab that all four top option boxes are checked to ON?
If they were not, please check them on, then run

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

What are the contents of etc/apt/sources.list.d/?

those ?

Yup.
Source code can be unchecked, if you want...