Is it possible to have Xorg session as default with "new profiles"?

At the moment it seems as if Wayland sessions are the default of zorin17 profiles when generating a new one.
With wayland there are still several probs e.g. RealVNC does not support wayland yet.
So i can't use RealVNC "out of the box" with new profiles -but have to switch each profile once to xorg session type.

So is it possible to switch system default settings to xorg session type for newly created profiles?

Yes for sure. When you get to the login screen at first boot, there will be a gear icon on the lower right side. From there you can pick the Wayland session or X11.

Yes that's what i saw.
I want to switch the system default (wayland session) to xorg session as default.

If i create a new profile and switch this profile to autologon -> next reboot to test starts the zorinos to wayland and i am forced to connect a monitor to this station and a keyboard to switch "manually" from wayland to xorg.

I want xorg first and wayland second. ... if possible so :grin:

Ah, found it

change /etc/gdm3/custom.conf

and change line
[daemon]

Uncomment the line below to force the login screen to use Xorg

#WaylandEnable=false
to
[daemon]

Uncomment the line below to force the login screen to use Xorg

WaylandEnable=false

ok this option disables wayland completely and doesn't set it as twice choice but for the moment it solves my prob that never logged in new profiles use the xorg session instead of wayland -> what causes RealVNC to work properly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.