Is there a package for drivers that ZorinOS uses?

I have used various Linux Distributions but ZorinOS seems to be the fully compatible Linux Distro for my machine...
For example, Bluetooth works only on ZorinOS & Linux Mint out of all the other distributions I have tried...
I generally played Minecraft via TLauncher on Windows10 but I just had the feel that ZorinOS is fully compatible on my Device and so let me try to play it on ZorinOS and to my surprise, ZorinOS performs same as Windows in gaming also on my machine, So now I think that it's finally as compatible as Windows on my machine...
So is there a way I can install all drivers, packages, etc. that ZorinOS uses on my device, on other distributions as well to make them perform well and make Bluetooth work on them as well...:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

There are too many unknown factors to properly answer this O.P.

But... The likliest answer is Yes; we would need to figure out which drivers are in use.

2 Likes

So how can we start figuring out? Do you have any command or something?

2 Likes

what kind of machine you are using, a laptop or a computer ?

It's an Old Laptop...

1 Like

what is the model name of your computer?

It's made by Dell

1 Like

do you know its model name?

Vostro 3300

1 Like

I stumbled upon a package called hardinfo.
It gave the following HTML file as output. Might be this helps...
You may get the File at this Link

1 Like

As I see. Everything is perfect here.
May be i have left something in hurry.

Are you still facing the problem?

I am sorry if you considered it as some other distros report. It's the report from ZorinOS....

1 Like

And I didn't face problem with ZorinOS...
If According to you everything is fine in this report so thanks...What I'll do now is compare every other distros report with this one...
Thanks a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Why you want to switch to another distribution.

As I know, you will get most of the useful features that you deserve from other distros.

I don't want to switch to other distributions...I just like trying various distributions...
It's just that I want them also to perform as good as ZorinOS does on my Laptop, so that I have a good overall experience when using them...:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Okay, I will recommend you to choose that distribution which supports your laptop better. And I am sorry, I am not getting any way to get Zorin drivers in other distribution.

You can use Zorin for a lifetime and If you face problems then I and all members here are ready to help you.

You can choose to own os by trying all good distributions but I think Zorin will be best for your low-end laptop.

1 Like

Sure. Thanks a Lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Are you using zorin 16 or 15? You would probably be better using 15 lite. It will also have an older version of the firmware, which is more likely to have the drivers for your devices.

At some point you really do need to give up the old Dell. Newer applications will eventually not work (take forever to render anything).

2 Likes

Well I am using ZorinOS 16 Lite. Earlier I used ZorinOS 15.3 Lite but, I just like to do a clean install when a new release comes...
And yeah I know I will have to eventually give up but since I am a student of Class 10th, I just have to do lighter tasks like Web Browsing, attending Online Classes, etc...and for that my Laptop is sufficient enough.
Talking about giving it up or buying a new Laptop, I am thinking of buying a new Laptop after 2 years when I'll be going to College... :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like