Is this a Nvidia graphics card issue?

So I have a new install of Zos 16 pro and I have some weirdness going on with my screen brightness. It flickers, re-setting itself to various brightness levels constantly (like every 30 sec to 3 min). Although its minimal, I am concerned...

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU106 [GeForce RTX 2060] (rev a1)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
01:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU106 USB 3.1 Host Controller (rev a1)
01:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation TU106 USB Type-C UCSI Controller (rev a1)

Nvidia-driver-470 proprietary is installed.

Any guidance/help is greatly appreciated!

It may seem like Proprietary would always be the way to go, but this is not necessarily the case. Have you tried the Open Source Nouveau Drivers?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/updates

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

You could also try driver 465 as I have glitches with 470 with my 1070 card.

1 Like

Thanks @Aravisian . I'm a bit leary of the open source driver as I'd tried that on a Linux mint install previously and it didn't go well. But if needed I will try it again.

To the rescue again. Thanks @Storm . I'm going to give 'er a go right now.

This seems to have worked! I only had driver 460 as a down grade option, but it was good enough to fix the issue. Marking this as the solution. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.