Hit:16 Download - Zorin OS focal InRelease
Hit:17 Index of /zorinos/stable/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:19 Index of /opera-stable stable InRelease
Fetched 108 kB in 6s (19.6 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
W: Conflicting distribution: Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease (expected focal-updates but got focal)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/i18n/Translation-en' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/dep11/icons-64x64@2.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'restricted' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/i18n/Translation-en' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/i18n/Translation-en_US' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/dep11/Components-amd64.yml' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/dep11/icons-48x48.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/dep11/icons-64x64@2.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/cnf/Commands-amd64' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'universe' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/i18n/Translation-en_US' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/i18n/Translation-en' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/dep11/Components-amd64.yml' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/dep11/icons-48x48.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/dep11/icons-64x64.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/dep11/icons-64x64@2.tar' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'multiverse/cnf/Commands-amd64' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease' doesn't have the component 'multiverse' (component

not sure how to fix

Maybe because you installed alot of ppa's manually that might create a conflict with other ppa's ?

1 Like

Please run

sudo rm -vf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove

Open Software & Updates application from the App menu.
Please check the Tickboxes there (Or post a screenshot of what you have) in the first tab that opens.
On Mine, the top Four Options are all ticked to ON.

Ensure that Download From is set to Main Server.

sudo apt update

2 Likes

That worked. Thanks a bunch.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.