Just installed KDE desktop

KDE uses Qt libraries so no conflict if you have KDE installed.

1 Like

Hmm do you know if we can use kde themes in lxqt? I heard that lxqt and kde are very similar.

https://forum.zorin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/8/829107bc8e5c6bc8dcf1ec06e62bef7672584320.jpeg

LXQt on Devuan shown above. No wallpaper in Devuan, had to use wallpaper from Gnome flashback in picture above.

1 Like

Cool! I would add trying lxqt in my to-do list.

In terms of Software store Discover in KDE, I have had mixed experience. In terms of updates Apper is simply the best and also good for App installs and Synaptic is still usable in KDE.

1 Like

Muon package manager seems to be a clone of synaptic in kde.
In fact kde seems to have clones of all popular apps and utilities.

How to install LXQt here:

In Devuan it is one of the DE's you can have at point of Install (LXQt is now the default DE in Devuan (previously xfce), but you can also have:
Cinnamon
xfce
Gnome-flashback
KDE (Plasma)
MATE

2 Likes

Now i know what Linux youtubers what i saw that the same on this picture. I will be happy if we creating topic or connect all stuff design gnome,kde,mate,xfce,cinna min, lxqt,wayland suggestion and discussion or how installing any on this type DE gui. I mean instałlation when you login and then can choice your desktop.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.