Keyboard shortcuts for macPro 2012

Same. This one has me stumped, as well. Keyboard mapping should generally work out of the box with no problems. The key here is the Macbook - which is the only thing that is likely to relate to why it is not working right.
@Gdaiva1 , when you say "it doesn't work", are you saying that the shortcuts have no effect and nothing happens - or is there an error message? Does something happen, but not the right thing to happen?

3 Likes

What Aravisian, wrote is true, if seen several users installing Zorin on a Mac, but never replying that the keys or short keys don't work, that is odd.

2 Likes

no, there is no error message. The keys just dont respond

2 Likes

Do you have an extra external keyboard?

1 Like

Gdaiva, could it be that you have more than one keyboard layout (language) installed and the system is using one of those which can cause this confusion.

2 Likes

Do you think i shall try different distro?
I kind of like Zorin, and dont want to switch again, but i can imagine using computer without simple keys, i cant copy/paste, nor correct spelling

1 Like

i dont think so, even though i speak another language, but i only installed English

2 Likes

I believe that this is an issue with the meta key as assigned by linux for the CTRL key. Switching distros is unlikely to resolve the issue.

3 Likes

no, i dont,

2 Likes

No, he wants to say that maybe you have selected the wrong keyboard layout(language)

1 Like

but i read online that people use Linux on Macs, cant be true

1 Like

how can i check, if i selected wrong keyboard?

1 Like

No, I don't think you should switch the distro. To be honest, you payed for a great distro.

Really like I said most of the mac users don't encounter this problem, I'm sure it can be fixed. But have you ever tried other distro's or have met this problem before?

2 Likes

Yes, people do. Including Zorin OS. For many, it works out of the box. Even so, I am sure there are some who have confronted and resolved this problem. But sadly, none seem to have checked into the forum lately to comment...
which leaves us looking for a record of any others that have resolved over a discussion board that we can search to see if that gives a hint...
because I have personally never resolved this issue...

4 Likes

no i havent tried another distro and i dont want to, but i cant use computer without spell check :grinning:

2 Likes

i search for a week, i cant find anything

2 Likes

i would really appreaciate! ... how the heck do i spell that? :grinning:

3 Likes

https://www.py4u.net/discuss/1098262
I run into the "I have never used a Macbook problem" reading this...:grin:

If you open Settings from the Zorin App menu, then go to Keyboard & Shortcuts... On Alternate Characters Key at the top, and click on that... What is that set to?

2 Likes

If you are using the liber office or WPS office to write your documents then you can just right click on the wrong spelling and you will get correct spelling suggestions.

2 Likes

RightAlt

2 Likes