Laptop does not detect the external monitor using the hdmi port

Yes it does, even with kernel upgrades the nvidia driver worked fine back in januari for me

1650gtx is newer then my older 1070gtx which is fully supported. The nvidia drivers are not the issue. He needs prime from those drivers.

sudo apt-get update -y

sudo apt-get install -y nvidia-prime

If Nivdia settings isn't showing anything then it is a driver issue Because the driver's not loaded

His card supports all the latest drivers from the nvidia site so i dont see any problem using 470, 515, 520 or 525

@mishra, can you test Pop! OS and see if you have issues there as well. I bet prime and those drivers would work fine for you.

He has stated that the nvidia server window was blank. That means the driver isn't loaded. That also indicates that the prime profiles aren't being loaded, because the card isn't being accessed.

Which is why he has no output on the hdmi connection.

To install with DKMS - you must specifically install With DKMS as a command. If you did so, then that explains it... If not, please remember that upping the kernel does not necessarily cause the drivers to fail. Upping the kernel past it's current recognition does.
This is true on Wifi Drivers, as well.

hey michael, let me try and get back to you.

tried pop os, did not work.
Went back to the Ubuntu 22.10 LTS and that seems to be working fine.
Can see all the nvidia settings, displays work perfectly.
should not have paid for Zorin without testing it out first, i think i will stick with ubuntu for sometime and try to debug whats up with zorin.

Thanks for your time and input everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.