Live wallpaper on zorin 16 comments and issues

Member Taha_Mcp is currently working on a project (I am slightly helping) to create a Terminal that helps the user safely practice in a controlled environment and reference and learn CLI commands.
An example I like is using GIMP or Blender GUI. Blender has like... a million buttons... There is so much to know. There are menu's everywhere. And they are filled with options. How do you use Blender?
The short of it is, you start out by simply needing something. Then you start using Blender to try to make what you need. You can start out with a simple shape like a cylinder or a sphere. Then you need a tool to sculpt it. That tool is the mouse. Then you need a tool for switching low polygons to high polygons - you have the keyboard - keyboard shortcuts. Then you need to rotate the 3D image... but the mouse is captured to be used to sculpt. So, there is another keyboard shortcut to lock the mouse into turning the environment around the object. Before long, you begin to memorize the commands, the shortcuts, the placement of objects...
The terminal is like that, only easier. It contains far more commands than Blender does, but is easier to memorize and use just from repetition.

I started on Linux about two years ago from Windows. At that time, I had never used a terminal. That first couple of weeks was pretty hard. But once I stopped hating the terminal and trying to avoid it, once I stopped complaining about wanting a GUI way, I found that the terminal was much faster at getting things done and much, much more versatile in the commands it can handle. GUI apps are like horse and buggy and the terminal is like a Bugatti Veyron.

I am a mechanic. You can notice by how often I reference automotive analogies to Linux. :smiley:

2 Likes

I did not about this project!
Sounds good to me :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Funny, that is why my husband ditched GUI based score writing software for Lilipond (based on LaTex).

1 Like

wow taha_mcp your profile is very impressive i wanna become like you..play with linux like a pro.where are you actually from? sadia, pakistan, india , your name is very similar like me..

a professional mechanic :grin:

Thank for guide. So is there a way to stop it whenever we want? Except remove.

You can disable the autostart.

1 Like

if you dont want to create your own live wallpapers, where do you folks recommend downloading some from ? i definitely want to try this out ! this is great! thanks for the fantastic write up ! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Whatever your Net Search results give you. :smiley:

hehe, fair enough. Thanks ! :grin:

1 Like

so it did make a live wallpaper, but the code provided doesn't work well for dual monitor users like me. what can i do to fix this issue?

i also wonder if there's a way to display separate wallpapers on them both.

I also use dual monitor. My solution was to make my own live wallpaper. But if you prefer to not do that, search Live wallpapers based on your combined width resolution.
For example, in my case, I have two 1440 monitors, so I searched for Live Wallpapers 2880x900.

ya know, creating my own dual monitor ones would be much easier. thanks for the suggestion.

The wallpaper I set stops by itself after a while. Anyone have this problem or know a solution?

I have never had this happen... Have you checked your system usage and RAM?

2 Likes

This worked great! Thank you! :metal:

1 Like

I have 8 gb ram and 2,90 ghz cpu. There is no problem in terms of hardware, but after a while the pc is turned on, the screen paper freezes.

1 Like

Bro How to remove this if we don't need live wallpapers. I have tested these live wallpapers today, running well but battery gets drain very quickly. I don't want to disable it. I need to know How to completely remove this?

1 Like

Can I use GIF file for the Live wallpaper.

1 Like

If MPV can play it. Try install the MPV player and test it.

1 Like

It's FOSS, Baby!

2 Likes