Looking for recommendations on business accounting and management software

I am an aspiring copywriter, I am looking for software recommendations for the following: (I have and will do Google searches as well, but I would still like to hear recommendations from you guys.)

Billing, expense tracking, general accounting

Word processing, note taking, image manipulation

Time and task tracking

Thanks, and remember I am a noob. :slight_smile:

Billing and expense tracking:

• Quickbase
  • Midori & Seamonkey
  • TimeSolv

Word Processors:

• Libre Office (like MS Office)
  • OpenOffice (like MS Office)
  • AbiWord (like MS Word)
  • WPS Office (like MS Office)

Note taking:

• Joplin
  • Standard Notes
  • SimpleNote
  • TagSpace

Image Manipulation:

• Gimp
  • Krita
  • Pinta

Time/Task tracking:

• TimeCamp
  • Hamster
  • Toggl Track
  • ClickUp
  • GTimeLog

I use clickup, libreoffice and gimp. I used to use toggl, but clickup is better and easier to use.

I haven't needed to use expense tracking software as of yet. Gedit works fine for my note taking, and can recognize markup language (as well as several coding languages).

3 Likes

For double-entry book-keeping,

GNU-Cash

I used GNU-Cash for invoicing when I used to offer computer repairs in clients' homes.

Okular might be something to look at too. For example you could save a document created in LibreOffice Writer as a pdf and use Okular for adding annotations within the pdf and save as an Okular archive file or the annotations will be lost. I would also consider FreeOffice from SoftMaker Office.

For Image manipulation for me their is only one and that is GIMP. If you have ever been a user of JASC Paint Shop Pro (taken over by Corel) you can get PaintShop Pro 9 from the Internet Archive and run it under WINE.

You may also might want to consider Gantt charts for project tracking:

And sorting out thought processes,
View Your Mind which should be in the repos but can't check.

2 Likes

If you have been using the Windows versions of GIMP or Inkscape, you will clearly notice an improvement in performance.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.