Losing focus when switching between different tabs or apps

lately i have been having issues with losing the mouse or trackpad focus when switching between tabs in a browser or switching from one application to another.
at first i thought it was a browser issue, but i tried different browsers and the same issue appears.
here is an example that i most frequently come across. i may be watching a video in youtube and stop to go to another tab for whatever reason. then i go back to you tube and would usually just hit the space bar to resume the video. this does not work now. i have to click on the video to make this happen. then all is fine until i leave the tab and come back.
this also happens if i switch to a pdf i was previously viewing. i now have to click on it in order to resume scrolling, either by fingers on trackpad or scroll wheel on mouse.
this may seem like a minor issue but it becomes quite annoying when trying to keep up a smooth workflow.
i was wondering if there may have been something in a recent update that may have caused this. i have looked through the settings but have not found anything that might remedy this issue. i was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. i could not find any instances in the forum though i may have missed it due to difficulty in labeling it. i am using zorin 16.3 up to date as far as i know
thanks for any input...

Try selecting Advanced Options from Grub menu and boot the previous kernel to test if it was an kernel update that has caused the problem

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.