Loving the New Forum

Wow a classic video.
Do you still have ZorinOs 5 disc?

Somewhere - if not then I should have the .iso backed up - but it was the Ultimate version - you only got Background plus if you had Zorin Ultimate. Time has moved on - if you want moving wallpaper you need to install ‘Komorebi’:

1 Like

Absolutely lovely SWARF!

I love those animated wallpapers, they do take up more resources though, so its not something you want to run while gaming, or rendering a video. But, anytime else, they are great to have.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t run animated wallpapers since Zorin OS 9. So, you say I could install Komorebi to get some nice animated wallpapers?

Well you could choose any of the ones I uploaded to Vimeo for starters. I haven’t tried anything else. I suppose you could pull a prank on someone by recording your desktop and say - somethings gone wrong with my PC - it keeps going to the menu and launching the same program over and over! Or any youtube video for that matter. When we had a German student staying with us I leant them the old D600 with Zorin 6 Ultimate on it and had a YouTube video of his favourite soccer team playing in the background, Borussia Dortmund. Or you could have one of your own persona videos you have taken like the one What was never clear in the instructions was the thumbnail element which I describe in the information below that video - and yes it is a very hungry hippo when it comes to resources so I don’t run it at present. I’ve only tried the latest on FerenOS - never got round to retrying on ZorinOS.

1 Like

Hmmm. Just been trying to find something on the old forum.
The link to the old has now gone from this (new) forum. I assume since 17/9 cutoff for new posts on the old forum before retirement.
My first attempt got me a 404 error.
After a few other failed attempts, I managed to get to the old forum archive index page at https://zoringroup.com/forum/

Question: Is the old forum being hidden by design?
edit:
Also no search facility there.

Posts can no longer be made on the old forum. The old forum has been archived, and is no longer considered the home, for the Zorin forum.

All you have to do is close your eyes and say there is no place like home. Click your feet together a few times, say zaba daba doo daa, and presto, your on the new Zorin forum.

:joy:

2 Likes

Well I have got a backup somewhere but not fully up-to-date - did it around March time may be earlier using HTTP Tracker - I think it was that.

The archive is here:

https://zoringroup.com/forum/

Could you let me know what link is giving you a 404 error on the old forum archive? We designed the old forum archive to still redirect with the old links, so it might be a bug with the archive which we may be able to fix.

If the 404 error is being shown when clicking on an image/post attachment, that’s currently the expected behaviour. We’re working on getting the images and attachments to work on the archive soon.
Images and post attachments should now be working on the old forum archive.

1 Like

@AZorin. I'm sorry, I am unable to replicate the 404 error as I have since replaced the bookmarked link with the one I posted (same as @swarfendor437 posted later).
However, my comment about 1. no "old forum" link in new forum and 2. unable to search the old forum archive remain. Unless I am doing something wrong or the archive is searchable from new forum?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions!

We’ve just now added a link to the old forum archive to the bottom of the hamburger menu here:

We’ve also added a search box to the main page of the old forum archive, powered by DuckDuckGo.

4 Likes

:+1:
That seems to work OK. Thanks

Frescura, colores suaves,no dañan la vista,muy facil de usar
:grinning:

Just finished the "advanced tutorial" with bot and got a online certificate :congratulations:
(Firefox refused to open this embedded certificate page but I managed to override it by right clicking and open it as a new tab. )

It is indeed an amazing Forum.
I've never seen the function like this before - offering a tutorial for the people who is ready for it. For me, it is the best education method to customize a level of information offered according to the level/willingness of the audience. Hats off :tophat: to Zorin team!

1 Like

This is much better and faster using that menu taskbar.

1 Like

@Bourne Did you not see this post? https://forum.zorin.com/t/forum-hamburger-menu-issue/25846/8

The new hamburger menu is indeed better, but I had got used to the old one as it was a case of having to get used to it or nothing. :wink: