Make ZorinOS ready for gaming with GameReady automated script

Hi all!
I made this small script to help newbies install WINE, Winetricks, Lutris and other gaming patches without commandline! Feedback welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Learned something new about shell scripting, didn't know about the zenity command.

Although I'm curious about the "please enter your password before installation", when I try it in my computer I don't see any input available so how could I provide it? And is it passed in automatically to the argument list?

2 Likes

Although I'm curious about the "please enter your password before installation", when I try it in my computer I don't see any input available so how could I provide it? And is it passed in automatically to the argument list?

If it doesn't ask for password and still works, you have nothing to worry about :slight_smile: It's possible that I missed something, I'll test the script on a fresh installation :smiley:

2 Likes

The first command is for a sudo, so it should prompt for a password. If it doesn't it might be because you had just utilized a sudo command prior to that (its happened to me, though not often). As many are required in the script you should see a password request at least once.

2 Likes

I did not run the script, I just read the first couple of lines and was curious about how that zenity command works as I did not know about it.

When I copy and paste this line of the script in my terminal and hit enter, I get a window prompt with that text. But it looks like a simple notification, there is no text field or any other indicator that I'm supposed to type in something in it.

zenity --info --title="Before Starting the Installation" --text="Please enter your password" --no-wrap

That's what got me wondering how's the script listening to user input? Or is it really just a notification message telling me that I need to run the script as sudo?

2 Likes

It's just a dialog, nothing more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,
Thanks for your work.
What if there is a problem and one would like to remove the script package?
How would one do that?
Thanks.
Steve

1 Like

You can uninstall Wine, Lutris, and Winetricks easily with apt.

1 Like

2 Likes