Mini PC Builder with Zorin 16

Hello,

Well, my question is a bit strange.

I'm considering buying a mini PC.
While searching for an option, I stumbled upon a website where I could choose the mini PC case, PCU, GPU, etc and the Operating System. Moreover, I could choose Zorin 16 to be installed on it!

Now, I thought that I could remember the name but unfortunately, I cannot find the website again. There are some options of mini PC Builder but none have the option to have Zorin 16 installed.

I would like to find this website.
Do you know some websites where I choose a mini PC with Zorin 16 installed?

Best Regards
(sorry for the strange question)

If you use a browser that saves your search history, I would suggest combing through it.
Your question is not strange, it is just that there are a lot of computers out there that offer Zorin OS installed on delivery. This has been going on since Zorin OS 8, at least. And a very quick search showed another old weppage offering Zorin OS 10:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J3060B-ITX/

• Linux: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS / Ubuntu 15.04 / Ubuntu 15.10 / Fedora 23 / Zorin OS 10 / Arch Linux 2015.10.01 / clonezilla-live-20150915-wily-amd64 / Android-x86-4.4-r3**
1 Like

And if you really want my opinion, then your going to want to post the link to whatever computer you choose to buy, for me to look over, before you make a purchase.

The biggest downfall to mini computers is always thermals. So thats why I say I need to see it, I need to see what hardware is being used in the mini PC. Because if the hardware is too high performance, that computer is going to die an early death.

I will give you perfect examples of good and bad!

(GOOD) <<<--- Means Good To Buy!

Mini PC that uses an Core I5 APU or IGPU with a frequency no higher then 2.2GHZ to 2.8GHZ. A computer that uses DDR4 2400MHZ to 2600MHZ RAM, or the same spec in DDR5 RAM. Also uses NVME M.2 SSD drive or a SATA SSD drive. NO MECHANICAL DRIVES!

(BAD) <<<--- Means don't buy!

Mini PC that uses a Core I7 to Core I9 CPU, with frequencies at 2.2GHZ with turbo functionality up to 4.5GHZ. A computer that uses DDR4 or DDR5 RAM in the 3200MHZ to 4000MHZ range. A computer that uses a discreet Nvidia RTX GPU from the 20000 or 30000 range. A computer that either uses only SSD, or a mix of SSD AND HDD.

Those are just a couple of examples, like I said, I want to see the computer you want to buy before you make a purchase. I would feel really bad if you bought a computer, and it die after a year due to thermal overheating.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you very much for your replies.
I was looking everywhere where in fact it was here in https://laptopwithlinux.com/
@tomscharbach thank you.

@Aravisian Thank you for the link, it is just that the main results I was obtaining had Windows or Mac as options.

@StarTreker Thank you for giving additional advice.
Well, in fact, I would like a fanless mini PC.
On my PC, I have some Noctua products and would like to go even with less noise.

Some mini PCs are heat dissipators by themself.

In brief, I am looking for a fanless mini-computer that has Zorin 16 installed on it. Since I do not play games except lichess (lol), I do not need a powerful mini-computer. However, I do tend to have many tab open in Chrome (25).
Looking at laptopwithlinux.com, I am not sure they offer a fanless option.

Best Regards

1 Like

Thank you very much for the screenshot.
In fact, I've asked the customer support service via Whatsapp and I'm waiting for an answer.

1 Like

This is exactly what I saw.
I'm inclined to think that the heat will be better dissipate than the Intel NUC model.
As the screenshot is suggesting there is no ventilator but I cannot see how the processor and the other component will effectively be cool down.

What do you mean by keeping the ports clean? Do you mean the ports that are outside? If so, aren't they as in a normal desktop PC?

I do not understand really the difference between industrial models and the others models. Could I just use this kind of industrial model for my home office desktop?

Best Regards

1 Like

True they do have fans. Reachable from the top when removing the top lid. I personally have 3 nucs. Have Zorin installed on 2 of them. The 8 generation Nuc8i7BEH runs on smooth with Zorin16 and Windows 10 (also with Libreelec).

1 Like

The NUC sounds like a good idea to me, I have been seeing video's of those on LTT, GN, and J2C. All of them had mostly positive things to say about them, and even though they are technically not designed for gaming in mind, they will do it.

Just don't do what Jay did and overclock it for science or better performance in games. Cause it was when he was overclocking it, that sucker got hotter then heck. Pick the NUC you want to get, post the link here, I'll check it out.

1 Like

You should try out the "nucblog.net" there is a whole review on the Nuc10i3fnk/h. The most recent model is the panther-canyon
with a Intel Iris Xe Graphics card and of course the 11-gen processor (it'll cost you though).

1 Like

Zorin 16 here running on Intel NUC8i3BEH, smooth as butter :slight_smile: And I can confirm the NUC has a fan, but is a quiet one.

1 Like

I have this one. ASRock Beebox
Do you think so Zorin working on it?

1 Like

AGREED!

4GB of RAM should be the bare minimum spec, 8GB recommended.

M.2 SSD is recommended for storage drive.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

I've received a message from Laptopwithlinux:

Hi, thanks for your message and interest! Unfortunately, we do not have fanless mini computers. The most silent mini-computers are our Intel NUC machines. Zorin 16 runs perfectly on these devices. Please see: https://laptopwithlinux.com/product/intel-nuc10i3fnh-core-i3-linux-mini-pc/

2 Likes

I do believe you :slight_smile:

I'll definitively look at the specs and will post here to be sure :slight_smile:
I hope I will not reinvent the wheel!

1 Like

I just checked and all companies out support all software what was compatibility with win7 also linux from 2016. I heard new android 12 will be with linux kernel.
Sometimes I feel like it's a juggling act. Something what could working many years all files are deleted from servers. Everything to want told you "buying new a computer ".

I have experience with miniPC - hot,very slowly,useless.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.