Monitor has colored line at top

Hey, Guys! I'm new here and i have a problem with my monitor. There's a pink line on the top of the screen. I think that it can be something about the BIOS. Could anyone help me?

I'd suggest exploring Graphics drivers first. What Graphics card or cards are you using?

2 Likes

Thanks for all the support.

(1) It's a laptop. The model is Inspiron 5557.
(2) It's a laptop. I don't use an external monitor, but I tested with my TV using HDMI.
(3) It's a Nvidia Geforce 930 M
(4) I've tested with an external monitor and the pink line disappeared. Instead of the line, now there's a kind of a line that reflects (if I put the mouse pointer over there, the line shows its reflection). I don't know if it's normal.

I was a windows user and finally I could come to linux. The pink line was there at windows and now it still at linux. I guess that was some upgrade that I probably did. But It's strange, because I install Zorin 16 and it erased all the computer. That's why I thought that it might be something about the bios.

Thanks again for all the support.

1 Like

I run Dell's LCD built-in self-test and there's no issues. I also run Dell's ePSA pre-boot diagnostics and there was no problem as well (Only my battery health). Well, i really appreciate all support. Thank you so much.

The issue was present on Windows, as well?

1 Like

Nope. You seem to have it well in hand and everything you suggested is the same as in my head- beyond that, I have nothing.

2 Likes

I did it and it didn't work out haha

Something interesting is that when I was running the tests, the pink line just disappeared. I'm really confused about my laptop.

Ok! I'll let you know if i find out something. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.