Mouse problems

Ok, create a gtk.css file if you do not have one already in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/
Paste this into it and save the file:

.nemo-window rubberband, .nemo-window flowbox rubberband, .nemo-window treeview.view rubberband, .nemo-window .content-view rubberband, .nemo-window .rubberband, .thunar rubberband, .thunar .rubberband, .content-view.view.rubberband, .view.rubberband, flowbox rubberband, rubberband, .rubberband, rubberband, XfdesktopIconView.view .rubberband, .content-view rubberband, .content-view .rubberband, treeview.view rubberband {
     background-color: rgba(0, 195, 255, 0.3);
     border: 1px solid #000;
}

Log out, then in and test...

1 Like

I have a gtk-3.0 in my .config folder but no ~/.config/gtk-3.0/ .... all I have in it is a file called bookmarks

Right click an open area within the folder named gtk-3.0 within .config...
Create new Document
Name it gtk.css

The path is ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
The tilde (~) is shorthand for "HOME". The full path would be /home/$USER/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
You can see how the shorthand (~) helps.

Once gtk.css is created, paste the above snippet into it and save the File. Then log out and in to test the changes.

1 Like

Is this what I am supposed to have in the LibreWriter named gtk.css ????

.nemo-window rubberband, .nemo-window flowbox rubberband, .nemo-window treeview.view rubberband, .nemo-window .content-view rubberband, .nemo-window .rubberband, .thunar rubberband, .thunar .rubberband, .content-view.view.rubberband, .view.rubberband, flowbox rubberband, rubberband, .rubberband, rubberband, XfdesktopIconView.view .rubberband, .content-view rubberband, .content-view .rubberband, treeview.view rubberband { background-color: rgba(0, 195, 255, 0.3); border: 1px solid #000; }

The name of the file will be gtk.cs

Copy the content I posted above exactly and paste it into the gtk.css document.

1 Like

You sir are a genius and I promise not to bug you the rest of the day .... however tomorrow is a different story .... LOL .... you are very patient man and I admire you ... I now have a very nice blue high-lite to show me the way .... see picture ....

1 Like

Your highlight looks even better then mine! I did notice your using Vivaldi, so that could be part of it. Anyways, looks good to me, I see no problems.

Aravisian is working on a theme, so you giving him a break, I thank you personally. lol

1 Like

You can change the color in the gtk.css if you want by using the RGB code.

I am always working on something... During the three day break, I got to really experience Minimal interruptions and I loved every minute of it, though. :stuck_out_tongue:
But my paying attention to the forum is a choice, all the same.

2 Likes

Thanks to StarTreker also for his input into this long ordeal ... but it has been solved and Frog is a happy camper .... till next time .... "Hi Ho Silver Away"

1 Like

I really appreciate Aravisian's dedication to his themes. I am glad that he appreciated having more time to work on them. And I am going to be really excited, if Aravisian includes his icons to go with his Predator theme too.

While it is indeed true I do love the Numix 2021 icons, the blue ones, I somehow have the feeling that they probably won't work well with the Predator theme. So, thats why I am kind of nudging Aravisian to pretty please include his icon set with his theme, as its going to be super de duper appreciated by me!

Frog, thank you for that nice comment, it is very rare for users who come on here to pay me a positive comment. So again thank you! Now we have a happy Frog, he shall begin hopping to show us all how happy he is hehe.

happy animation GIF by Gottalotta

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.