Multiple Icon on taskbar for one single app

my friends zorin os shows multiple icon on bottom , he has an old hardware and i have installed zorin lite (16) in his laptop , i am also no expert on linux system , if anyone could help me ?

1 Like

Try Right click on panel -> panel -> panel preferences -> Items tab -> remove the offending item using the “-“ button on right.

Relaunch the application and then right click on the icon of the open application within the panel and check the pin to dock box. See if that eliminates the duplication.

2 Likes

okay , well he would join me at my house tomorrow so i will try that , but its not just with that single application it is happening with multiple application like all nearly

1 Like

When he does, can you also right click the panel, then slide over to Panel Properties. In the Pop Up Window, move to the Items tab and relay what items are listed as added to the panel.

2 Likes

ok i will check that and update you when i can

2 Likes

yea so it took time to get in contact with him , but its like still not fixed after the solution you gave

1 Like

@zeyo Aravisian has not provided a solution. He is asking for information (e.g. a screenshot) showing what items are listed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.