My chosen layout is gone and no matter which layout i select its stuck at one layout

I logged in to Zorin OS today and realised the layout i had before the laptop went into sleep mode is gone and i am stuck with a layout i dont prefer. Even if i select a different layout it doesnt change.

Also the number of options i used to get on right clicks is just 3 now, it used to be more.
Has anyone faced something like this?

Can you please run this command in terminal:

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-appearance-layouts-shell-premium

Log out and in or reboot and test...

Tried it and rebooted, doesnt work.
I cant make sense of how did it disappear, as i did not update or upgrade anything.

Thanks for the suggestion @Aravisian

Can you make a backup of your home config folder

mv ~/.config ~/.config-bk

Log out and in and see if your layouts are restored?
You will probably see other changes since the above action restores everything to default.
But that is why we made a back up instead of just deleting the config folder.

Did not work, infact i lost all my installed web apps and restoring the backups did nor bring my last config back. Had to configure it all again.

I have uploaded this image, and if you see my options for Taskbar and Dash settings are gone, i cant access them anymore.

What method did you use to restore the backup config?

Please try:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-shell-extension-zorin-taskbar gnome-shell-extension-zorin-dash

To restore the backup i just renamed the config folder back to its original name

Tried that still does not work.

Do you have timeshift or something like a system snapshot?

I wonder if a simple restore on Zorin Appearance would work, I mean on Theme > Other > Restore Defaults.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.