Nearing release

Hello:
For months now I have been in the habit of logging into Zorin Github to see where the bug fix process in Zorin 16 stands.
Today I had the pleasant surprise that the process is finished.
Does it mean that the release of the stable version of Zorin 16 is very close?
Regards

2 Likes

You're like a kid in the candy store. If I was ZorinGroup, I would be tickled by your enthusiasm. Or at the least, flattered.
I think I personally feel less pressure on the issue as I have been using Beta for quite a while, now. It works like a charm; I have not only had no major issues with it - I have had no issues with it whatsoever.
In my own little Universe, I feel like the release already happened.

I use Zorin OS Lite. Zorin OS 16 Lite is a ways out, yet.
But I installed XFCE 4.16 from the developers repo on this 16 Beta and it runs very well. So what I said above still applies.
I really think that the ZorinGroup hit a home run on this release. I have used Zorin 12 and 15. This one really does knock your socks off.

4 Likes

Hello:
You are so right. I am very excited. It is my pending birthday present.
I have not wanted to install the beta version. I am waiting for the Ultimate version.
Regards

2 Likes

I never sign up for mailing lists but did so on the Zorin site to get notified immediately when Z16 is dropped. I even setup a ChangeTower alert! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fortunately, the ZorinGroups mailing list is very non-invasive. You get alerts of new releases and that is about it.

2 Likes