Need help with sudo using AD account

Hello. I hope I have put this in the right category. I have installed Zorin OS 16.3 (Lite I believe) on my Lenovo laptop. I have joined my computer to my Windows Domain environment. If I login to my Zorin laptop with my AD account, I can login as normal. However, I cannot run sudo as I get: [My AD Account] is not allowed to run sudo on [computer name]. This incident will be reported.

I'm not entirely sure how to get my AD account access to run sudo. Any help? I have a local account on the laptop that I can use that has permissions. Let me know if you require more information and I'll provide it. Thanks.

Perhaps this tip will help:

Thank you, but that's not what I'm having trouble with. By AD I mean Active Directory, not AnyDesk.

Azure (AAD)?

You could try the following patch:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:justdenis/aad-sudo-fix

sudo apt update && sudo apt install libpam-aad libnss-aad

Stems from bug report:

1 Like

I'm not using Azure, just a local Windows Server Domain Controller. I don't think those steps apply to a local Active Directory Domain Controller.

You might try checking your Sudoers file.

Clearly, I have not performed what you are doing. So while I am trying to be helpful in finding things that may help - I am also flying by the seat of my pants.

But adding users to Sudoers is pretty straightforward in User Accounts.
That link above is addressing 18.04 - but the process should be the same.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.