Nfs share to a media centre

Hello.

I am looking to move away from Windows, but I need to get a alternative OS to do what I achieve in Windows... and I'm a total Linux newbie.

Currently I have a raspberry pi running kodi to play movies on the TV which connects to my desktop using HANE win NFS share. Its pretty easy to set up, just put the ip address range and select the media folders. Its run as a service so I don't even need to login, the kids can just turn the PC on and once it reaches the login screen they can select their films or TV. Basically using the desktop as a cheap NAS.

I need to do this with Zorin. I am aware of SAMBA but no idea how to configure it. The media is in "other locations" on a Windows drive. (/dev/sda2)

Any help please? I presume I need the drive /dev/sda2 to be mounted when zorin starts up and then samba to run as a service that doesn't require login?

Is this possible?

Thanks for your patience

A post was merged into an existing topic: Make a Zorin app to take care of common maintenance tasks

As I recall, Zorin OS 15 Pro included Kodi. If you have used Kodi before, you already have some confidence in this task:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362113

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.