Not a bad reinstall

At least my partitions are finally right this time ... I made an image before I transfer my Home Folder back on to Zorin 16 Pro but it seems none of my desktops made it or at least they didn't install ....

So I'm back on Gnome .... is this normal I copied every single folder in the Home directory one at a time and loaded them back the same way .... everything else appears to be OK .... course Vivaldi must be completely reconfigured and NordVPN must be reloaded as well ...

When I finally get everything back to normal I will take another image of Zorin ...

Everything went very smoothly as I'm getting really good at reinstalling Zorin 16 Pro .... I can almost do it in my sleep now ... I'm off now to reinstall my passwords for my browser .... but first I'm going to try and reinstall Cinnamon .... see you folks later

2 Likes

When you reinstall the software you will notice it takes on the configuration you last had because of saving home (as long as you got the hidden files and folders as well). It is normal to have to perform this operation on a reinstall. It won't be a much configuring as you think, as long a they were saved in a directory under home.

3 Likes

Well I was kinda worried as I didn't have that little icon in the upper right hand corner of my log in screen t was missing .... I reinstalled Cinnamon and still it didn't appear so this morning I reinstalled XFCE and now I have the icon to allow me to change desktops and all the desktops are there and working ....

Now the difference is is that all the desktops including Gnome have gone back to stock status except the desktop folders they are custom .... toolbars are stock and there are no program changes as far as apps in the toolbars .... they too are stock .... but anyway not the end of the world as that stuff can be installed manually .... just takes time .... LOL ....

Gnome I already have started customizing and as it is workable I will be doing Cinnamon next as it is my daily driver ..... but at least all three desktops are reloaded and as soon as I get them back to my normal I will be doing a frogzilla back up image "tout de suite" .... or in English "toot sweet"

LightDM...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.