Nvidia Drivers Issue

Hello Zorin users,
I've recently switched from Windows to Linux (Zorin is the 1st OS!). I'm encountering Nvidia Drivers Issue. My specifications are as follows:

CPU - Intel Core i3 530
GPU - Nvidia 8400 GS
RAM - 4.00 GB
Storage - 256GB SSD (61000 Allocated to Zorin OS alongwith 8.00GB linux swap partition)

Zorin automatically installs the nouveau open source driver which sucks. When I try to switch to the Nvidia Binary Drivers, I get an error. Which says the following:

Error while applying changes

pk-client-error-quark: Error while installing package: installed nvidia-340 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 10 (313)

When I tried installing through terminal by running sudo apt install nvidia-340, I got another error which says as follows:

Errors were encountered while processing:
nvidia-340
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now when I go to the Additional Drivers section unde rSOftware & Updates, I see the System is using Nvidia Binary Driver. I've also noticed performance Issues since the Driver got 52MB downloaded through the terminal. So, I switched to the Open source nouveau driver and It switched flawlessly. But when I try to switch to the Binary driver, It throws the same error.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what's happening? I'm a bit confused and would like to ask for help.

See if downloading the driver for nVidia directly helps:

This tutorial shows you how to install the .run file:

http://ubuntuguide.net/install-latest-nvidia-graphics-drivers-in-ubuntu-linux

Is your Software and Updates source set to "Main Server" in preferance to regional/national server.

Dual-boot, correct? Do you have Secure Boot enabled or disabled in BIOS?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.