Optimization with a large amount of RAM

I have a Core i5-10400, 32 GB of RAM, an Intel NVMe SSD, a btrfs file system, I did not do a swap file when, Zorin OS 16 Pro. The "preload" package is installed, - the current version from the debian unstable repository.

Tell me, what software tools can improve the performance of the operating system? In particular, so that some applications and processes open faster and stay in RAM as much as possible.
For example, the same gedit, peazip, ferdi, mailspring are still not opening as fast as we would like.

Π£ мСня Core i5-10400, 32 Π“Π± ΠΎΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΈΠ²Π½ΠΎΠΉ памяти, SSD Intel NVMe, файловая систСма btrfs, Ρ„Π°ΠΉΠ» ΠΏΠΎΠ΄ΠΊΠ°Ρ‡ΠΊΠΈ Π½Π΅ Π΄Π΅Π»Π°Π», Zorin OS 16 Pro. ΠŸΠ°ΠΊΠ΅Ρ‚ "preload" установлСн, - Π°ΠΊΡ‚ΡƒΠ°Π»ΡŒΠ½ΠΎΠΉ вСрсии ΠΈΠ· рСпозитория debian unstable.

ΠŸΠΎΡΠΊΠ°ΠΆΠΈΡ‚Π΅, ΠΊΠ°ΠΊΠΈΠΌΠΈ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ³Ρ€Π°ΠΌΠΌΠ½Ρ‹ΠΌΠΈ срСдствами ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ ΠΏΠΎΠ²Ρ‹ΡΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ быстродСйствиС ΠΎΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π°Ρ†ΠΈΠΎΠ½Π½ΠΎΠΉ систСмы? Π’ частности, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎΠ±Ρ‹ Π½Π΅ΠΊΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρ‹Π΅ прилоТСния ΠΈ процСссы ΠΎΡ‚ΠΊΡ€Ρ‹Π²Π°Π»ΠΈΡΡŒ быстрСС ΠΈ максимально Π½Π°Ρ…ΠΎΠ΄ΠΈΠ»ΠΈΡΡŒ Π² ΠΎΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΈΠ²Π½ΠΎΠΉ памяти.
НапримСр, Ρ‚ΠΎΡ‚ ΠΆΠ΅ gedit, peazip, ferdi, mailspring ΠΎΡ‚ΠΊΡ€Ρ‹Π²Π°ΡŽΡ‚ΡΡ всё-Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΈ Π½Π΅ Ρ‚Π°ΠΊ быстро ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Ρ…ΠΎΡ‚Π΅Π»ΠΎΡΡŒ.

Hi, priviet,

You should use the software called preload.
It observes how you use the computer and then preload in the RAM the software that you use the most.

sudo apt install preload

Enjoy !

2 Likes

I put it on. But as far as I understand, the computer needs to be restarted more often? It works for me as a file server, and reboots are not very frequent....

1 Like

Aside from chrlyc's suggestion... There isn't much else. Employ as few flatpak or Snap packages as possible and perhaps disable any Power Saver Features.
You might try testing out Zorin OS 16 Lite when it is released and see if it does the job.

3 Likes

Great idea. Reinstalled some packages via the terminal - instead of snap and flatpack.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.