Panel Position on lock screen

There should be an option to change the panel position to the bottom for the lock screen. This promotes consistent design layout.

Hi, Lock screens on most Linux OS’s don’t have a panel showing - if they did there would be no point of having a lockscreen in the first place! :wink:

Zorin has the panel on top at the lock screen

Wunzer, are you using Zorin Lite?
XFCE and Cinnamon both use a top panel on the login screen.

If so, please install lightdm settings manager

sudo apt-get install lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings

Once installed, you can use the GUI from your app menu to make many adjustments, set font and theme etc. However, it does not include all possible settings.
So, now that it is installed use terminal to elevate:

pkexec thunar

and navigate to /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

Open the .conf file in a text editor and add the following line:

panel-position = bottom

Save and exit, then test.

1 Like

@wunzer0. Are you talking about lock screen or login screen?
The login screen (15.3 Core) does indeed have panel placed at the top of the screen, which I have never found a setting to move it to bottom. After login, my panel is at bottom of screen. But for me it is insignificant and I can live with it.

1 Like

Don’t you mean the same as the login screen? You have to remove the lockscreen to see the panel - at the login screen! Most Ubuntu derivatives have this layout - even FerenOS - but it is different running KDE with big avatar in the middle and login underneath - and media player control underneath so if you don’t want to log back in at least you can listen to your music! :wink:

1 Like