Pay with Crypto

Since Zorin claims to be " Privacy-respecting" why can't we pay with crypto? I suggest a Monero/Bitcoin payment options.

Cryptocurrency volatility.

3 Likes

Crypto is used my criminals. I don't trust crypto mining, so why would I trust crypto currency? Of course, that is just my opinion. The Zorin dev's can offer whatever payment options they like. I however, never would.

3 Likes

When making such "strong" statements, it can easily become less helpful and more inflammatory, so I'd recommend being more careful with them, especially as you have many new people coming into these forums and looking for help. :blush: Cash is used by criminals, yet I'm pretty sure you still need to use it, even if you don't like it. :wink:

That being said, often cryptocurrency doesn't provide any privacy, only anonymity, and most of the cases, not even that (some relevant links: Reddit - Dive into anything and Crypto Is Not Anonymous: How Criminals Are Caught on the Blockchain | CoinMarketCap which also addresses the myth behind crypto being used exclusively by criminals).

Yes, but you have plenty of APIs which would allow Zorin to request for an amount of money that would match their fiat currency expectation.

Giving people more options is often better than worse.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.