Post your journey from Windows! What made YOU switch?

It's already been done in respect of KDE Plasma: Windows - KDE Community Wiki

Windows 7 up has had bits of GNU/Linux stolen from it, and Windows 8 desktop was designed by two ex-Canonical (Ubuntu) employees.

1 Like

Officially no, there are ways to bypass that and get updates. I tested windows 11 on my i7-7700HQ and it ran just fine.

Awesome isnt it the speeds of a ssd :sunglasses:

1 Like

My PCs wouldn't update to Win11 so I tried Zorin on a thumb drive. First distro I ever tried that looked nice. But before I switched, I had to find a way to remap my mouse keys and fix Chrome's slow scrolling. Input Remapper and the Linux Scroll Speed Fix extension did those. I also wanted to be able to make shortcuts to web sites on the desktop or taskbar with icons. I discovered they show up in Start/Chromes Apps. I'm also happy with Pinta for light photo editing after turning off Attach Modal Dialogs in Tweaks. And, I found out how to add the day of the week to the clock. I was pleasantly surprised that Sweet Home 3D is available in Linux. So I was all set to go and did after using Windows exclusively since 3.11.

2 Likes

My journey why i jump from W to Z?
Well my a computer is very old.
On e-mail I get information from Zorin they have new version Zorin 16.
I was happy because on the main webside Zorin they wrote the old drivers will working without installing - well not really when i need some help here on this support webside.
The first time i installed Zorin Gnome but with describe my pc and unstable gnome i jump to xfce. Why I switch to linux Zorin? I would know what people writing and put on whole internet. Experience is very interesting because not all working without terminal and doing research on internet and here. Linux propably is best for office - not all software working what exist on windows even a solution windows app suport on Zorin store.
The linux and Zorin are for people who know what they want.
One what i very liked in linux i am decide what i want on my linux operating system what gived you more space on hdd. More free ram and more stable.
I also testing a some DE desktop KDE very difficult to uninstall. Most friendly propably is Cinnamon and simple the same like a Zorin apperance.
Well I don't know if i can wrote a book about my experience but i can wrote what i using mostly and working without problem or sometimes problem.
Firefox,Discord,Spotify,Steam a game Warframe - very good working. Flameshot,vlc,Stacer,google chrome because using "lens" and better translator webbage from firefox.
qbittorent what i remember some time ago.Gparted,virtual box,qemu-kvm,bleach,nvidia-settings.
Linux for people who are addicted a terminal,experimental,want change a desktop, forr testing.
If you think so it will be working like a windows - you are wrong.
Zorin working out from the box? Yes and No - it depends hardware components and peripherals.
Did I advice Zorin linux for people who never touch linux?
Yes because Desktop is near the same like a windows also have fast response support on forum Zorin.
That is my 2 cent.
So i am happy to be here with you all.
I wish you everyone success on your installation Zorin on PC.
I have also very good experience with virtual machine on linux - windows inside working better,faster what on bare metal pc.
I will working on the days directly moving to the linux operating system.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.