Power Saving features suddenly stopped | Blank Screen | Sleep

Hi

A couple of nights back, my power saving customizations such as blank screen and sleep suddenly stopped and are no longer working and I don't know where to look to find the problem. Some help on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Many user customization configurations are stored in ~/.config
Were any home directories altered or moved recently?

I used to worry about power management... until I realized that the computer did a pretty good job of managing power all on its own (the CPU only consumes ~1.9 W / core at full tilt with SMT enabled (12 cores)... ~3.8 W / core with SMT disabled (6 cores))... what I really wanted was a way to turn the screen off when I was done for the day.

But if you look in:
Zorin menu > Settings > Privacy > Screen Lock
-- and --
Zorin menu > Settings > Power

... you should find what you need.

Hi thanks for the replies.

I really want my monitor to switch off after my timeout like it used to, but has suddenly stopped and I've not made any changes to the configuration. Screen dim no longer works now as well.

Yep I know about Zorin menu > Settings > Power this is where I configured my timeout settings.

No guarantees on this, but when I had a glitch that messed up my configuration so badly that gnome-control-center wouldn't even open, I fixed it via:

After that, go through and check your settings to be sure they're set the way you want.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, ran the command but got the below

:~$ sudo rm -r .local .cache
[sudo] password for :
rm: cannot remove '.local/share': Directory not empty
:~$ ls .local/share/
icc tracker

Nil on both.

Did you run any updates, including the kernel, recently or just prior to noticing that the Sleep function has stopped working?

The only activity for atp on Friday 24th was below.

Start-Date: 2023-03-24 17:58:21
Commandline: aptdaemon role='role-commit-packages' sender=':1.334'
Upgrade: vivaldi-stable:amd64 (5.7.2921.63-1, 5.7.2921.65-1)
End-Date: 2023-03-24 17:58:31

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.