Problem with Software in Zorin

You may have downloaded a different package or installed java 11 in a different way. I guessed.
Try Option One.

1 Like

Yeah, I had mentioned that to him in post number 8. But if he's still having trouble after shutting those down, then maybe he should restart his computer.

1 Like

Gotta drive my son in to work if you can carry on the thread.... :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. Have a nice day. Uninstalled and then check what next. I will try will your guide link.

2 Likes

In synaptic, with software updater and terminal closed, did you check the broken packages item on the left near the bottom?

If there is nothing there, removing and reinstalling java 11 will most likely fix your issue. Do this from the terminal with synaptic closed.

I uninstalled java and now no conflicts.

If you must reinstall, try to do it through the terminal or synaptic. Any software that requires it will fail to launch with a dependency error. You can fix broken packages, dependency issues in synaptic. Just be aware if something doesn't launch.

YAY, good for you Bourne, I am so glad that you solved it. Aravisian and I were really trying to help you with this one, and I was really getting worried that this was going to be one of those, can't fix unless reinstall deals.

So glad that you got it fixed and things are happy again. Thats a stress off your back!

For me important don't give up. Gived a chance. One a man sayed. When you start with distribution linux what they are thousand. He told me someday you find one distribution what you will be fall in love => ZORIN.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.